Recommended Process to Install Teamviewer on a Remote Server we want to access unattende

Options

Hi All -

I'm new to using teamviewer and I'm looking for a recommended process that my support team should use to install teamviewer on Remote Servers that are clients are running our products on so we can log into them unattended to be able to support our customers.

I have some machines that appear to be setup correctly and I can access in an unattended but I have others that don't appear to be that way and always show offline even though I know the servers are up and running, otherwise they wouldn't be able to run our applications. If a user logins via RDP to one of those machines the Teamviewer does appear to be online.

I'm being told that if they had installed Teamviewer on the Server at the time they were RDP'd into the server then that can cause this but I haven't been able to confirm for sure from the documentation and posts whether that is true or not.

Can anybody point me to a best practice/post/support document for this install and setup?

Thanks

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hello @Greg_Gardner,

The best practice is to connect to the ServerID of the devices - not to the UserID.

Please find more information regarding this here:

Community Manager

• Greg_Gardner
    Greg_Gardner Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @JeanK - Appreciate the help. Would you then recommend using the Personal Password on that setup as well?

Thanks again and I will give this a try.

Greg

• Greg_Gardner
    Greg_Gardner Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeanK - One last question on this then. I just tested on one of our client's servers who had turned this on and it appears to work, however their Server appears to be locked so we would need to have a user account to login to that Server. Does that sound correct and like a recommended practice for how this should be setup. Is it assumed that we would have a user account setup or know an account on the Windows Server to login?

Thanks again!

Greg

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@Greg_Gardner Yes, in this case, I'd recommend using the personal password.

For all other scenarios, I'd recommend using Easy Access

Regarding your second question, from a user account perspective - yes - it is assumed that you would have a user account on the Windows Server to log in.

Community Manager