Bulk update multiple clients

Options
Casssupport
Casssupport Posts: 1
edited May 2021 in General questions

Hi,

We have just upgraded to Ver 15 and have over 150 clients just need to be updated.

Is there a way to push the update to automatically upgrade the clients to the latest version along with the required permissions to do so.

thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • ConorMcD
    ConorMcD Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeanK , I am trying to do the same as @Casssupport. (I am upgrading from V12 to V15) When I try to assign the team viewer policy to my clients I can't, the device is greyed out and it says "Device is not supported". Do you have any idea why this might be? The only devices it allows me to select are those that are offline.

Thanks!

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @ConorMcD,

What is the exact OS version of the device that shows this message?

Community Manager

• ConorMcD
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thanks @JeanK , they are running Android 7.1.1 (Samsung Experience version 8.5)

They are running Teamviewer v12

• JeanK
    Options

Upgrading TeamViewer via policy on Android devices is not possible.

The update needs to be done via MDM or manually through the Play Store.

Community Manager

• ConorMcD
    Options

Thank you @JeanK Can you recommend a way to upgrade hundreds of devices?

• JeanK
    Options

It will depend on your MDM provider. I recommend contacting your MDM provider and ask for help.

Community Manager

• ConorMcD
    edited May 2021
    Options

If I upgrade my main TeamViewer account will it have any impact on the devices I cannot upgrade or will they still function as normal?

Will I still have access to them?

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

What do you mean by upgrading your main Teamviewer account? Do you mean updating your TeamViewer client on your computer to the latest TeamViewer version?

Community Manager

• ConorMcD
    Options

Yes, so I've bought TeamViewer Corporate v15 and am wondering if I activate that will I be able to access all the devices I have that are using TeamViewer v12? I hope that makes sense :)

• JeanK
    Options

Yes, this is correct. With a professional license (like the Corporate) you can connect to previous versions without any problem.

However, if you want to connect to Android devices, you will need the Mobile Device Support option as well, which is an option you need to add to your license.

Community Manager

• JaimeIstar
    JaimeIstar Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

How can I mass update my TV Host from version 9 to version 15 ?  We have 200+ computers and its hard to manually update each of them is there a way we can update them easily ? Thanks

• JaimeIstar
    Options

We have TV9 and they not support policies for that any way to upgrade ? we have 200+ clients

• JaimeIstar
    Options

We have 150 TV host version 9 and I cant update them via policies because it dont support lower versions. Is there a wayt to update them faster ?

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @JaimeIstar,

The best way would be to bulk-uninstall TeamViewer 9 with your internal software Management tool and then, deploy TeamViewer 15 via .msi. Please find how to deploy TeamViewer 15 here:

Community Manager

• JaimeIstar
    Options

You mean we have to uninstall it with ourselves/ own software ?

• JeanK
    Options

Correct ✅

Community Manager