Allow users to connect to specific computers only

Options

Hello,

In the past how we've used our corporate teamviewer is installing TV on our users machines and basically logging in as the admin account so they could access everything. Obviously this is flawed on our part since its basically giving access to devices to users that have no use / shouldn't have access to. So I am trying to change how we give access to our users and had some questions.

1) Can I give access to specific users to specific devices?

2) Do my users have to pay for a teamviewer account to access our corporate licenses devices?

(Note these are all users within our office, not consultants or anything like that.)

This is how I imagine something like this would work..

Admin of corporate TV account grants access to user with email address, User logs in to TeamViewer with that email address and can only see allowed devices.

I apologize if this is something simple, I've never had to set this up so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Mike_Davalos,

1) Yes, with your TeamViewer Corporate license, you can apply whitelists, that will "only allow specific users" to connect to specific devices.

Please find more information here:

2) Yes, the users need a licensed account in order to connect to corporate devices.

Community Manager

• Alin_Balan
    Alin_Balan Posts: 1
    Options

would it be possible to have the restrictions applied on a specific user so he/she can access only a specific device ID?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @Alin_Balan,

Thanks a lot for posting here!

This is absolutely possible via our Conditional Access feature. It allows you to have full control of any connection happening with your devices in a very granular way.

Please find all the information about Condition Access here: Conditional Access

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager