Can't reboot a system with TeamViewer, receiving confusing new message

Options
CChown
CChown Posts: 2 ✭✭

A system I've been working on recently refuses to reboot I get a pop up along the lines of "the requested action is only possible if you use the installed version of team viewer". there is only one instance of TeamViewer installed the version I was using. I can't find any mention of this pop up message anywhere online so I'm really at a loss.

Tagged:

Answers

• zehph
    zehph Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

It seems like you are trying to reboot a machine in which Teamviewer was ran with the "Run only (one time use)" option checked, instead of a complete install of the server, in that case, adminstrative actions such as rebooting or responding to UAC prompts are not available, it that is not the case, then this is a bug. So just to make sure, did you do a complete install as instructed in this tutorial: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/1389-how-do-i-install-teamviewer-on-windows-7-8-and-10 or did you run it as one time use?

• CChown
    CChown Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This was installed through a TeamViewer QS which to knowledge/testing does not ask about how it wants to be installed, just whether to let the program run and whether to let the program make changes.