Keyboard problem

Hi all

I have a problem with keyboard. I am using Finish keyboard and the connection I make:

1. Connection from my Win10 PC to another Win10 PC with Teamviewer
  2. RDP connection from this remote Win 10 PC to a Windows Server 2019

After this connection my keyboard in remote desktop is switched to US keyboard.

If I make a direct RDP connection(without Teamviewer) to the server the keyboard is ok.

Same thing happens when I use:

1. Connection from my Win10 PC to another Win10 PC with Teamviewer
  2. NetOp connection from remote Win10 PC to another Win10 PC
  3. RDP connection to Windows Server 2019

Please do not as why I am using so complicated connection....this due customer VPN residing in this remote PC and there no other way to reach the server.

The common thing is Teamviewer. Without Teamviewer keyboard is ok.

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @Juuso,

You could simply add the Finish keyboard layout to the Windows settings. For that, go to Settings Time & languageLanguage and add Finish to the Preferred languages.

Now if you want to use your keyboard simply press Alt + Shift to switch languages, you can see what language you're using in the bottom-right corner.

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• Juuso
    Juuso Posts: 9

It is not that simple.

I have Finnish keyboard selected in the Server but still my keyboard send US keyboard characters when there in Teamviewer in the connection chain.

Now I noticed one thing more. The keyboard is not US. I have the scandinavian characters available but all special(asterisk etc.) are wrong. Also the characters with shift+number do not work(it when I press shift+9 I get 9 instead of "close parenthesis").

When I drop Teamviewer off and walk to this Win10 PC and make same RDP connection to Server everything is ok.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @Juuso,

In order to already solve your problem regarding the key combinations. I'd like you to go to your TeamViewer settings, Extras Options Remote controlSend key combinations

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• Juuso

Send key combinations is selected

• Juuso
  • Juuso

I have reproduced this with two different PCs running latest version of Teamviewer.

• Juuso

This is becoming more wierd. I tested with third PC and it seems to works as expected. Teamviewer version in this PC was older:

In these three non working ones the version is:

• Juuso

I also tested with a PC running 15.18.5 and found out that it is NOT working.

Very strange.

• YoSappy
    YoSappy Posts: 4

I cannot Login either. I'm connecting from a Mac to another Mac, running MacOS Monterey Version 12.5.1 & TeamViewer Version 15.33.7 on both Macs; but, when I connect, which works just fine, the Keyboard Typing of the Login Password does not work. I've tried changing many settings, restarting, etc.; but, nothing works.

• YoSappy
    YoSappy Posts: 4

Also, SEND KEY COMBINATIONS is no longer available as an option...........