Force close

Pettah
Pettah Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in General questions

Hi,

My father has verry poor eye sight so I sometimes login to his computer and help him with stuff.

(windows 10, free version of teamviewer)

Once i have logged out he want to make sure teamviewer is not running any more.

Yes he gets the "this session is now closed" but he is still wondering if the program is running.

I have tried to guide him on the phone to the arrow in the system tray and right-click, but his eyesight is not the best. And his Memory is like... Well, not good so i have to do the same thing after every session.

Is there a command i could make to a shortcut (like cmd or poweshell) that he can click and it will close any running TeamViewer program/service?

Regards

Peter

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,063 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pettah,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

We don’t have any premade command lines or shortcut to close TeamViewer. However, for the description you provided us, I would recommend for you to try use a Quick Support module instead of the full TeamViewer client.

The Quick Support is just an executable, it doesn’t get installed, so if you close it, it’s close.

You can create a shortcut of the .exe in your father’s desktop, so he can open it whenever you need to remote connect to help him.

You can find the download for the Quick Support: here: QuickSupport by TeamViewer

(Keep in mind that the ability to customize a custom module, like the Quick Support, is reserved for client that have a paid license.)

I hope it helps! 😊

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,063 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pettah,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

We don’t have any premade command lines or shortcut to close TeamViewer. However, for the description you provided us, I would recommend for you to try use a Quick Support module instead of the full TeamViewer client.

The Quick Support is just an executable, it doesn’t get installed, so if you close it, it’s close.

You can create a shortcut of the .exe in your father’s desktop, so he can open it whenever you need to remote connect to help him.

You can find the download for the Quick Support: here: QuickSupport by TeamViewer

(Keep in mind that the ability to customize a custom module, like the Quick Support, is reserved for client that have a paid license.)

I hope it helps! 😊

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Pettah
    Pettah Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you, I will follow your advice 👍

Quick and simple solution.