Trouble with a troll

I have a machine on a client. The teamviewer is installed and always active since I usually have to connect to give support. Someone (a troll) is taking the public connection data from the teamviewer, and is connecting to the machine causing problems in the operation of the client. Is there a way that public connection data is not displayed? if it doesn't exist, could a double check or other mechanism be enabled, so that if someone gets the public data, they can't connect so easily?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 2021

Hello @JoseJimenez,

Good that you have reached out to us!

We will try to catch this little troll...

Could I ask you how you are connecting to this device?

Are you connecting via TeamViewer ID and permanent password? Or via Easy Access?

Community Manager

• JoseJimenez
    JoseJimenez Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi @JeanK In advance, thanks for the help you can give me.

Before answering your question, I'll explain the context: I am the administrator of a computer network. All the computers on my network are on many clients. I use my corporate Teamviewer account to connect to each Client computer.

In my Teamviewer I have all my computers registered in the "Computers and Contacts" tab. In each computer I established a password for my personal use, and also established (only in some) the easy access option.

The problem I am presenting is that anyone who can open the teamviewer of one of my computers (on the client) will be able to see the connection data displayed in the "Remote Control" tab. I'm sure this action was the one the troll did.