no sound on android device

Options
Northrim
Northrim Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a mobile device with Android and a Laptop with Windows 10

When I try to remote control my laptop (connection is over LAN) from the TeamViewer Android application everything works well except there's no sound streamed at all to my Android device.

Also, I made sure that Play computer sounds and music option (under Remote Control tab) and Share computer sounds and music option (under Meeting tab) are both enabled in Teamviewer desktop settings.

I've Teamviewer latest versions both installed on Windows and Android .

Could you please help me solve this to make sound from Windows 10 work on Android?

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 931 Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hello @Northrim

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are really happy to see you posting in our community again 😀

That the sound is not streamed to your Android device could be due to technical limitations.

However, it was a good start to enable the options: Play computer sounds and music option (under Remote Control tab) and Share computer sounds and music.

My colleagues told me that, additionally, you can try to mute your microphone (in the Audio Conferencing tab).

Could you please try it and let us know if muting the micro worked? 🤞🍀

Best,

Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Northrim
    Northrim Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Alena;

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately the laptop I'm connecting to does not have a microphone, so under Audio conferencing / microphone it simply says "no device detected" and so there is no mute option.

I get the same results with my android phone and my newer android tablet.

I don't know if the following information is useful or not but I have no problem with sound transmission using microsoft remote desktop. RD client.

I'd prefer to get Teamviewer running because I prefer to be able to access the laptop remotely and directly in a session.

Thank

• Domer
    Domer Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same problem. I have a Windows 10 laptop that I use to control an astrophotography rig and I monitor it remotely using a Samsung/Android tablet. I have both "Play computer sounds and music  and Share computer sounds and music" enabled. I have the laptop volume set very high - it can be heard 30 or 40 feet away. And I have the tablet volume about halfway - too loud to listen to music or watch a video. And yet, when something goes wrong on the astrophotography rig, the laptop will start beeping loudly while the sound on the tablet is barely audible - you have to put your ear right up to the tablet to hear it.

There is clearly an incorrect audio setting in the Teamviewer Android app. It's not been tested and is basically useless. Like @Northrim, I prefer to use TeamViewer over the Microsoft RD. Can someone please fix this?

• Domer
    Options

Can someone please reply to this? I really need PC audio to be conveyed at normal volume levels on my Android tablet and that just isn't working.

• Domer
    Options

I have some more information on this issue...

If my laptop and Android tablet are connected via my home LAN (with Internet access), I can hear the lsptop audio loud and clear on the tablet. However, if both devices are connected using a Wi-Fi AP that is not connected to the Internet, the laptop audio is virtually non-existent on the tablet.

I have no idea why this would work when the devices are on an Internet-connected Wi-Fi router and not when they are connected to an isolated Wi-Fi AP, but it should work either way.

• Noctowl275
    Noctowl275 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I will throw in one more comment. I too am having the same issue. My laptop is 20 miles away from me. I can control all features on the laptop, but cannot hear the content. While still remoted into my laptop, I made a phone call with someone 100 miles away. While on the phone call, I could hear my callers voice very clearly, AND the audio from laptop, faintly in the back-ground. Allow me to restate... my laptop and my caller (and me) are all three in separate locations. So, No. I am not hearing the laptop audio through my callers phone.

I posted this in a small hope that this helps someone out there figure out a real, permanent, resolution.