why does teamviewer show remote pc offline when it is online?

Options

remote user has win 10 after a set time the screensaver comes on and when they move the mouse shows sign in but no sign in is needed pressing enter goes to the desktop. in this screensaver state it shows me remote computer off line till i call and say move the mouse.

Best Answers

• Bartimaeuseyes
    Bartimaeuseyes Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes that advanced feature is on. What I found is I overlooked a simple answer. My friends computer settings had screensaver come on in 15 min, and blank screen in 40 min when plugged in. That was suspending the computer and internet connection. Thanks for your quick response i'm enjoying Teamviewer immensely.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good catch!

Its always the simplest solutions we overlook at first 😅

I am glad this is resolved for you, and it is great to hear you are enjoying TeamViewer.

Take care and feel free to come by the community any time! 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    Options

Hello @Bartimaeuseyes

Thanks for your post.

Could you please verify a settings option on the remote user's computer for me?

Navigate to the Gear icon ⚙ in the upper right corner of TeamViewer. Click Advanced options on the left and scroll to Advanced Settings for connections to this computer.

Please let me know if the option Full Access control when a partner is connecting to the Windows logon screen

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

---

• Bartimaeuseyes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes that advanced feature is on. What I found is I overlooked a simple answer. My friends computer settings had screensaver come on in 15 min, and blank screen in 40 min when plugged in. That was suspending the computer and internet connection. Thanks for your quick response i'm enjoying Teamviewer immensely.

• JoshP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good catch!

Its always the simplest solutions we overlook at first 😅

I am glad this is resolved for you, and it is great to hear you are enjoying TeamViewer.

Take care and feel free to come by the community any time! 🍀

Josh P.

---

• Bartimaeuseyes
    Options

now i'm trying to connect a tablet. i managed to add it to my other computers list but it shows again its offline. its connected to wifi has internet access is not on lock but its still showing in tv as offline. and yes there is full access checked on this computer. what have i missed?

• Robyw1
    Robyw1 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@JoshP

I have 2 computers but access to one shows offline and the other online. For both computers the screen goes to sleep not the computer after a period of time, the network access to wake on the computers network settings, and I don't have TeamViewer app open on either. I am trying to access via my Mac from another location. One PC will show as being online but the other one in the same location on the same network, not turned off will show offline. I have set full disk access in Advanced settings but there is no option in the window you displayed for "Full access control ..." just the 2 boxes above this option appear for me. Mac mini image is what I am looking at and the 2 computers in the other location are the 2 - "DESKTOP - ....". The image png file are the settings on one of the DESKTOP computers. Is there something else I need to check? I is random because I was able to connect from my Mac to the DESKTOP-9H542DE a few days ago.

• Bartimaeuseyes
    Options

what does this mac issue have to do with me? i have no mac. never owned one. is this comment attached to my login by mistake?

• zeno01
    zeno01 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm actually having the reverse problem. TeamViewer shows remote PC online when it is completely shut down. Should I create a new post for this or does someone have a quick answer like this one? Thanks in advance.