Need help adding existing devices into 'Device management'

Here’s our current status. We’ve gone through all the documentation and links we had to troubleshoot ourselves, but not getting necessary results.

1. We can't add existing devices into 'Device management'. The goal is to add them into 'Device management' and then assign our custom policy to these existing devices.
  2. We also pushed a custom msi to existing devices with Team Viewer (to overwrite), but the end user seems to be able to unassign itself from Block & Allowlist policy we created even though we check the ‘Enforce’ toggle on the custom policy.

What are we missing?

Answers

• Hello JSR79,

I was dealing with similar case until I got to the needed result.

What I did is to create a Policy, then created an Assignment which contains the Policy rules.

Afterwards you need to make sure you are associating the computers with your company profile, rather than your admin account, in order to appear in the Device Management module.

The easiest way to check if the device is associated with your company is to check the computer properties and see if this checkbox is ticked:

The association can be done with the installation script and it should look like this batch script:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /I "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=my_ConfigID DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0
    timeout /t 30
    TeamViewer.exe assignment --id paste_your_assignment_id_here 

*Note there is a difference between assign and assignment parameters.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Atanas