Account assignment message to end users

Options

Hello team!

Me again 😀.

Recently after the host agent installation we started getting these messages in the Windows user context. I believe this is something new as before it was not asking the end users to confirm the association with the company profile. Is there a command line argument to force that and acknowledge the association as I could not find it?

Also is there a limit on a company level how many devices are associated with the company account?

Tagged:

Answers

• Oliver1979
    Oliver1979 Posts: 10 [Former Staff]
    edited January 2022
    Options

Can you provide me the way how you installed this Team Viewer Host on Windows?

Product Owner (Enterprise)
  • AtanasTodorov
    AtanasTodorov Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /I "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=my_ConfigID DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0
    choice /C X /T 30 /D X > nul
    TeamViewer.exe assignment --id paste_your_assignment_id_here 

This is overall the format I have been using. It was installing without this warning to the users until end of last week.

• Oliver1979
    Options

Please try the following:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "PATH_TO_MSI_FILE\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOUR_Custom_Config_ID 
    timeout /t 30 /nobreak
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assignment --id YOUR_Assignment_ID

• AtanasTodorov
    AtanasTodorov Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

That doesn't do anything different.

I did not put the full path to the msi and the exe in the script example as it may differ for everybody reading this article, however I have it in the script.

As I mentioned the message started appearing without changing anything on the installation script. And for the last months it was working with no issue. The computers were assigned according the assignment rules. Now suddenly on the user side we started getting the message from the screenshot. My question was if there is a switch or argument that I can use to force this from appearing on the user side.

In your script example I do not see such and that just does not deal with the case scenario.

• MasterAccount
    MasterAccount Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

Hi There,

we also see that PopUp since some days and also have no clue how we could get rid of it. So its not customer specific but an issue wich may affect multible customers. I also fowarded it to one of the ENterprise Support Engineers but he havent seen this so fahr. Its hindering us from mass deployment and would therfore be good, if we could get rid of this soon.

@Oliver1979 What else could we try or what would you need to troubleshoot this?

Regards, Andreas

• Oliver1979
    Options

Please try the following:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "PATH_TO_MSI_FILE\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn 
    timeout /t 30 /nobreak
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe --customize --id <yourid> --restart-gui

• MasterAccount
    Options

This mean, that the assignementid is not needed anymore? Do we also need a easyaccess flag?

• MasterAccount
    Options

Tried it out but still get the PopUp. Could we please get a working soltion.

• MasterAccount
    Options

To solve the issue, the following need to be done... Go to Design&Deploy and select the custom module. Than disable the below settings.

After that just use the regular assignment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSI Command MDv2 Host Client:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "PATH_TO_MSI_FILE\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOUR_Custom_Config_ID ENABLEOUTLOOKPLUGIN="false"

timeout /t 30 /nobreak

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assignment --id YOUR_Assignment_ID

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems there is a new assignment method comming but not yeat ready from development perspective. :-/