Personal Password through Policy?

Options
ivaldiz
ivaldiz Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in General questions

I have designed and created a teamviewer host and created a policy with custom settings, and its linked to the installer i created.

I was wondering if there is away to enforce the personal password through the teamviewer policy?

Thanks,

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @ivaldiz,

Thank you for posting here! 🌻

So if I understand it correctly, you don't want people connect via the random password (the one displayed on the interface) but only via the personal password. Is this correct?

Community Manager

• ivaldiz
    Options

@JeanK That is correct.. is that possible ?

• JeanK
    Options

Yes, this is possible.

The best way would be deactivate the random password and enforce the parameter via policy (so no on can modify it via the client).

How to proceed

1) Create a policy and add the parameter Password strengh

2) As Value, select Disabled (no random password) and Enforce

3) Apply the policy on your devices

This would do the job...

Let me know if this is what you were looking for!

Community Manager

• ivaldiz
    edited January 2022
    Options

@JeanK Yes that got rid of the random password - thank you so much, but do I need to define the personal password on the client side?.. Is there away to put the personal password in the policy ?

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @ivaldiz,

There is no possibility to define the personal password via policy.

However, it is possible to push the settings (in which the personal password is defined) via deployment.

Are you deploying TeamViewer via the .msi package, or are you installing TeamViewer manually on your devices?

Community Manager

• ivaldiz
    edited January 2022
    Options

@JeanK Its for Macs, so im installing the .pkg installer file to the devices through MDM or manually.

• JeanK
    Options

Thank for clarifying. For macOS, it won't be possible to deploy the personal password as it is on Windows.

In this case, I recommend deploying TeamViewer and grant Easy Access to your remote computers via our guide here:

Let me know if you have any questions around the deployment.

Community Manager