Remote control issue

TitusAsher19
TitusAsher19 Posts: 4
edited February 2022 in General questions

Answers

• my nephew set this up for me

. then I lost connection, I decided to buy the online version as I do not do a lot with this. but I do want it. however, I have tried to get connected but it's like it takes a pitcher of the screen of the computer I want to access but I can not open the program that I need to work on ... please help.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,370 Moderator

Hi @TitusAsher19,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community✨

I will try to assist you as much as I can do here!

Firstly, it would be really great if I could confirm more details about the case.

What does it mean by I have tried to get connected but it's like it takes a pitcher of the screen of the computer I want to access but I can not open the program that I need to work on ..?

Do you mean you can control the remote device but a certain program you cannot open? or do you mean you cannot control the device at all?

Also, please reply to this comment with a screenshot of the error message, if there is an error message shown during the remote session. So that we could understand your situation better!

Look forward to hearing from you🍀

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• all i can do is see the open screen of my work computer but i can not work on it at all. i can't open programs

• when going into team viewer from home trying to connect to the work computer I can see the front screen but can not get into any programs or anything else on the work computer other than to see the front screen. please help!

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,370 Moderator
    edited February 2022

Hi @TitusAsher19,

Thank you for your response✨

As you mentioned that you can only see the front screen, could you confirm TeamViewer settings for access control on both local (home PC) and remote devices (work computer), please?

You can find this setting from the Gear icon (⚙) on the upper right corner on the TeamViewer application -> Advanced.

On the local deceive ( home device), please navigate to the access control under Advanced settings for connections to other computers. From the dropdown menu, kindly select Full Access and click OK to save the setting.

On the remote device (work computer), on the other hand, kindly check the full access control under Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

Once both devices have full access settings on the TeamViewer application, could you confirm you can control the remote device successfully, please?

Hope this would be helpful🍀

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター