Remote Control and Using remote with second extended monitor

Options
Kittim
Kittim Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in General questions

I only have a free account, so don't know if anyone can/will help me :) I use infrequently helping friends when they get in trouble. Yesterday, I could no longer control a connected computer with my mouse. It always worked before, but now it does not work at all. I can view everything, but cannot control their machine. Am I doing something wrong, have I inadvertently clicked on some setting or something... please help :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,215 Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @Kittim,

Thank you for contacting us✨

I'm happy to assist you as much as I can do here🙌

To begin with, could you confirm TeamViewer settings for access control on both remote and local devices, please?

You can find the Access Control options via the Gear icon (⚙) on the right upper corner on the TeamViewer application -> Advanced

On the local deceive, please select Full Access for the access control under Advanced settings for connections to other computers.

Whereas on the remote device, kindly check the full access control under Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

Hope this would be helpful🍀

It would be really great if you could tell me this resolves the issue or not.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Kittim
    Kittim Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much for your help, however, upon further investigation I discovered that the problem started when the remote computer connected a second monitor. I had her turn that off and all worked as expected. then when she turned it back on everything was ok until I started to interact with that monitor. To see it clearly I had to change the scaling to the original. Then I could still move the cursor around but it was not showing the correct location, for example, I would click and in one area, but the actual area was a couple of inches below. Any insight into this? I had never worked with two monitors before. Can you help me understand what is happening?

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,215 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Kittim,

Thank you for your response😊

Great to know that now you can control the remote device!

Regarding the cursor issue, on the other hand, it would be really great to confirm the following details.

• Which and what operating system and TeamViewer version are you currently using on both local and remote devices?

Thank you in advance for answering the question🙌

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター