Remote control an Android Device only works via webclient

magikevolution
magikevolution Posts: 2 ✭✭

When I try to remote control an android device via teamviewer application, I can only see the screen, but not interact.

I've tried to remote controle that same devices via Teamviewer Webclient everything works as expected.

Is there any limitation on my teamviewer app?

My computer is a MAC OS

Comments

• Same issue here.

any update on your issue?

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,071 Moderator

Hello,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🎉

👉 Please, use the article below to confirm that your Android device is on our list of supported manufacturers:

If the remote control is not working for your device, feel free to try our Universal add-on on your device. In some cases, it will fix the issue and allow you to remote control your Android device. You will find all the information you need regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: Universal Add-On for Android 

Let me know if this information was enough to solve the problem 😄🍀🤞

Best,

Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Draykan
    Draykan Posts: 4 ✭✭

We have an open ticket with TeamViewer Support for this issue.

If we connect with TeamViewer for macOS to an Android device with the TeamViewer QuickSupport app, the click does not work (i.e. the destination Android device doesn't get it) and therefore the remote device cannot be properly controlled. Keyboard typing works smoothly.

As a workaround, we found that if we detach the phone window from the TeamViewer main window (using the button with the square and an arrow pointing out from it), then the clicks work properly.

Our ticket is currently "Being processed by Development" but they told us that TeamViewer 15.26.5 is not affected by this bug, just in case you still have an old copy of the installer around.