TeamViewer prompting for password even after enabling Easy Access

Options

Hi TeamViewer.

We enabled TeamViewer Easy access - TeamViewer Support and assigned a test device to Account A. When trying to connect to the device from Account B that is also a contact in the same shared group to which the device belongs to we are still being prompted for a password despite Easy Access working fine on Account A but still prompting password on account B.

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @aollivierre,

I see where the confusion is.

In the classic Easy access use, Easy Access can only be granted to one account. In this case, it has been granted to Account A.

This means that only the user of Account A can connect via Easy Access. What you could do is share Easy Access with Account B.

To share Easy Access, you need to share the group with full control as a setting.

This will share the group and transfer Easy Access to Account B.

However, our best practice would be to use the Managed device feature.

You can find more information about how to use it and its advantages here:

📄 What are the advantages of Managed Devices?

Hope this helps you further!

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @aollivierre,

I see where the confusion is.

In the classic Easy access use, Easy Access can only be granted to one account. In this case, it has been granted to Account A.

This means that only the user of Account A can connect via Easy Access. What you could do is share Easy Access with Account B.

To share Easy Access, you need to share the group with full control as a setting.

This will share the group and transfer Easy Access to Account B.

However, our best practice would be to use the Managed device feature.

You can find more information about how to use it and its advantages here:

📄 What are the advantages of Managed Devices?

Hope this helps you further!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• aollivierre
    aollivierre Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options

@JeanK - Thank JeanK. I will check the permissions on the group and confirm.

Just to clarify, I would like to always apply best practices. Is Managed Devices strictly for Tensor ? Because the article says it applies to all customers but the Managed Groups is only for tensor. Can you please confirm if we should be upgrading from the Corp to Tensor license in order to take advantage of the Managed Groups/Managed Devices feature in Tensor ?

• JeanK
    Options

@aollivierre You're welcome. 🙂

Managed Devices is for all licenses. Managed Groups is for Tensor only.

Therefore, if you only need to manage a small amount of devices, the Corporate should do the job.

However, if you want to manage device groups that contain many devices (let's say 50+), the Tensor license will definitely be more suitable.

Community Manager