How do i help my friend without him installing any software on his PC?

Options

Best Answer

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion caused.

You need to download TeamViewer QuickSupport directly from our website. That way, you skip all the steps mentioned above. 👇🏻

(Scroll down a bit)

After your partner downloaded the QuickSupport application, he just needs to start it and on his screen, there should be the TeamViewer ID and the password.

On your side, you simply type in his credentials into your TeamViewer full client to use TeamViewer to connect to him.

As already mentioned, don't forget to let me know if anything is still unclear and again, sorry for the confusion and redundant steps I told you earlier. 👆🏻

All the best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

Answers

• MartinBishop4
    MartinBishop4 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Do I need a paid licence to use the QuickSupport module

• Justin
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

As you already noticed, TeamViewer QuickSupport is exactly what you were looking for. For non-commercial/private use, you can use TeamViewer QuickSupport, without the need for a license.

For more in-depth information about TeamViewer QuickSupport, please follow the link below 👇

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best,

Justin

• MartinBishop4
    Options

Thanks but the knowledge hub article hub states:

This article applies to users with a Business-, Premium, Corporate, or Tensor license

This appears to contradict your statement that I do not need a license. Please could you clarify. Thanks.

• Justin
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

You are able to use TeamViewer QuickSupport free of charge without the personalization of the module.

If you want to connect to a personalized module or want to personalize it (e.g. change the logo, color, etc.) you do need a license.

Hope that helps, please let me know if anything is still unclear.

Best,

Justin

• MartinBishop4
    Options

Could you talk me through the steps that I need to take to use TeamViewer QuickSupport free of charge. I have not been able to find anything on your website specifically to explain the process.

• Justin
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

I am more than happy to.

Before we get started, please go to login.teamviewer.com and use your TeamViewer account information to log in to the Management Console.

After you successfully logged in, check out this video, to get to know the process of creating a QuickSupport module 👇

After creation, right at the end, you'll get a pop-up window showing you a URL starting with https://get.teamviewer.com..

You need to share that URL with your partner, so he is able to share his TeamViewer ID and password with you.

On your side, you need to launch your TeamViewer full client and type his information into your Remote Control tab.

After that, you should be able to fully use TeamViewer as it would work, if your partner had the full client installed.

Hope that clarifies everything, if not, please don't hesitate to let me know. 👆🏻

Nice start to the week,

Justin

• Justin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion caused.

You need to download TeamViewer QuickSupport directly from our website. That way, you skip all the steps mentioned above. 👇🏻

(Scroll down a bit)

After your partner downloaded the QuickSupport application, he just needs to start it and on his screen, there should be the TeamViewer ID and the password.

On your side, you simply type in his credentials into your TeamViewer full client to use TeamViewer to connect to him.

As already mentioned, don't forget to let me know if anything is still unclear and again, sorry for the confusion and redundant steps I told you earlier. 👆🏻

All the best,

Justin

• MartinBishop4
    Options

Thanks Justin.

I have followed your latest advice and have got it all to work. Do you happen to know if there is a time limit on the session created in this way (without customisation)?

• Justin
    Options

Hi @MartinBishop4,

Glad it worked out now.

There is no time limitation for private/non-commercial connections using TeamViewer QuickSupport.

Lovely weekend,

Justin