Can’t connect after upgrading to lastest 15.31.5

Options

Hello, I could no longer connect to my Ubuntu machine after updating teamviewer. How could I go to a more stable version (15.29.4 etc.)? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• anuargimenez
    anuargimenez Posts: 1
    Options

same problem here!!!

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,073 Moderator
    Options

Hello @batofgo1 and @anuargimenez ,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 😃

If possible, I would like to understand a little bit better the issue you're having. May I ask you for more details about the issue?

• Are both sides of the connection using Ubuntu? What version it is?
    • Do you get any specific error messages?

👉 The command line below should allow you to roll back to the previous version, you can give it a try at your own risk.

📌Note: For Debian-Ubuntu-Linux mint-Deepin-Raspberry Pi only:

• the command to downgrade TeamViewer is:
    sudo apt install teamviewer=15.29.4

• if you have the TeamViewer Host then it be
    sudo apt install teamviewer-host=15.29.4

Let me know how it goes 😊

Best,

Carol 🌷👩🏻‍🦰

Portuguese Community Moderator

• louisvd
    louisvd Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem on Fedora 35 running 15.31.5. I'm connecting from a Windows 10 PC, and also from my Android phone.

If I reboot (remotely initiated via SSH), I can connect and see the login screen. Once I enter my credentials, the screen resizes to my profile's resolution (1920x1080) and the Teamviewer screen goes black and hangs there.

If I connect when the PC is already logged in I sometimes get the lock screen and might be able to enter one or four characters of my unlock password before it freezes.

But most times, the client just shows "connecting" for a very long time. While it's doing that, if I SSH to the PC and restart the teamviewer daemon, the connection on my client immediately drops. It worked perfectly on the older version, so I'm going to downgrade now as per your advice.

• louisvd
    louisvd Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I downgraded to teamviewer-15.30.3-0.x86_64 using the command:

dnf downgrade teamviewer

After that, Teamviewer worked for a while - and then froze. It then disconnected my session.

So I've now downgraded to the mentioned version with the command:

dnf downgrade teamviewer-15.29.4

It would seem that both 15.30.3 and 15.31.5 have some bugs in them!