Managed Groups Confirmation prompt issue since version 15.32.3

Options

Today I had reports of users not being able to prompt for confirmation when connecting to other devices, instead the password dialog was shown.

I still have version 15.31.5 installed and can perfectly take over devices by prompting for access.

To test this further I installed the latest full client on a test VM and signed in with my tensor account and can reproduce the issue.

The issue seems to be limited to managed groups as devices still assigned to the regular groups still prompt for confirmation.

anybody else having this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @MarcoMicozzi,

Great to see you posting for the first time! 🥳

Just to be sure - are the users using the prompt for confirmation button to connect?

Or do you have a policy set up that enforces connections with confirmation?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• MarcoMicozzi
    MarcoMicozzi Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

We do have a policy set up which requires confirmation but it has always been set up this way,

when I connect to a specific laptop using version 15.31.5 by clicking the prompt for confirmation button the request is received by the laptop and when the connection is accepted I can connect to the screen.

using another device with the latest version to connect to the same laptop will ask for the password either way

• stevenbornTV
    stevenbornTV Posts: 4 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @MarcoMicozzi,

Do you have Easy Access granted on the device through the managed groups? It is required to have Easy Access otherwise, you have to enter a password if you just double-click the device in the partnerlist.

You can check the permissions for the device in the Management Console.

Regards,

Steven

Product Manager - Tensor

• MarcoMicozzi
    MarcoMicozzi Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @stevenbornTV , I double checked to be sure, permissions are set on group level and easy access is granted.

• stevenbornTV
    stevenbornTV Posts: 4 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @MarcoMicozzi,

thanks for confirming. I would like to forward you to our support to have a closer look and check if there is any bug since I couldn't reproduce it on my end.

Please open a ticket here: https://support.teamviewer.com/en/support/tickets/new

Regards,

Steven

Product Manager - Tensor