TeamViewer supposedly prevented ALL Internet acces

Options
TheRoamingMind
TheRoamingMind Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in General questions

I installed TeamViewer on an 85-year old friends computer (Win 10 Pro Lenovo laptop, Spectrum modem, and possibly no firewall).  TeamViewer remote access has worked fine for several of our sessions on different days. The friend reports that, suddenly, he could not access the Internet, at all, for the last four days, even though he was NOT engaged in a TeamViewer remote help session. A mutual friend went over to his place today, claimed the TeamViewer install (all Defaults taken) was preventing him from accessing the Internet, and uninstalled it.  Supposedly that restored Internet access.

1.      Are there any known TeamViewer issues that could prevent all Internet access? 

2.      Does TeamViewer have a “log” I can view to look into the matter?  (I’ll check the Windows Event Log too but sometimes it's more puzzling than helpful).

TIA,

TRM

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @TheRoamingMind,

Welcome to TeamViewer Community and we are here to answer the concerns you have. 😊

TeamViewer does NOT prevent any internet access. Instead, TeamViewer relies on Internet access and quality for remote connections. If you are worried about the Security and Safety of TeamViewer, kindly visit TeamViewer Trust Centre for more information. We kindly ask you to find a reliable IT technician to have a thorough check on the PC item for any other security lookup.

TeamViewer does offer logfile which you may access via TeamViewer - Three lines button - Extras - Open log files... Additionally, we have also prepared the Knowledge article for introducing logfile reading.

Hope my answer will be helpful in understanding TeamViewer Security and logfiles.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员