Re: Connect button greyed out this morning

Not really a question. More of an observation.

This morning I started TeamViewer to connect to a customer and the connect button was greyed out. I tried other solutions involving Options->Advanced->Access Control, but this was already set to Full Access.

After doing Alt-Ctrl-Delete I discovered there were several copies of TeamViewer running. End Tasked all of them and restarted Teamviewer. Notification of new features came up and I now had a good connect button.

I can only assume that an update was done automatically and TeamViewer was not able to be restarted properly after the update.

Luca

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,687 Moderator

Hi @Lucavigg,

Welcome to TeamViewer Community and Thank you for your post! 🎉

We appreciate the initiative in sharing of the findings on your side, which will be helpful to all TeamViewer users and us - the Community moderators. 🙌

Checking on the settings of Access Control (as screenshot below) would also be the popular suggestion when other TeamViewer users see the grey Connect button.

When dealing with TeamViewer issues, we would suggest the users to restart TeamViewer services too. However, I did not link the issue with the action of software update. Thank you for confirming the action could also help to reactivate the grey connect button.

At the same time, we encourage all TeamViewer users to share their observations on TeamViewer behaviours in TeamViewer Community as always! We would love to hear your voices and feedback!🤩

Again, welcome onboard and wish you a fantastic journey with TeamViewer and TeamViewer Community!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • done all this...still greyed out