user management

Options

I am currently looking for a solution, not sure if teamviewer can give me the followings:

I have a workstation (win10) to let a few users to login with teamviewer at the same time to do their daily operations. But I want each user to have their own username/password to remote the workstation. In addition, each user can only see his own desktop and folders/files and can't see and modify any folders/files created by other users.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @edisonwang66,

Congrats on your first post!

I'll start with the first question. 🙂 Yes, you can set up a password for each user.

The feature is called Manage additional passwords... and can be found under TeamViewer Options (⚙)Advanced settingsPersonal password.

Regarding your second question, multiple users can't connect simultaneously to a computer simultaneously and see only their desktop and folders/files and can't see and modify any folders/files created by other users. Unfortunately. 🤔

I hope my answer could help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @edisonwang66,

Congrats on your first post!

I'll start with the first question. 🙂 Yes, you can set up a password for each user.

The feature is called Manage additional passwords... and can be found under TeamViewer Options (⚙)Advanced settingsPersonal password.

Regarding your second question, multiple users can't connect simultaneously to a computer simultaneously and see only their desktop and folders/files and can't see and modify any folders/files created by other users. Unfortunately. 🤔

I hope my answer could help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• edisonwang66
    edisonwang66 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

All clear, thank you @JeanK

• JeanK
    Options

You're welcome!

It was nice to chat with you - I hope to see you around soon. 🙌