I have unattended access but only one is allowing me in without password

Options

I have unattended access on on my computer but only one computer is letting me in without a password. The other one is asking for the password on the remote machine. How do i disable this?

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 989 Moderator
    Options

Hi @axwack,

Welcome to our Community! 🎉

If the password is required on the remote machine, that means you are not logged in with your user account.

Indeed, unattended access is authorized for a specific user account. On all the devices you want to connect to this specific computer, you must be first logged in with the user account set up for unattended access.

Otherwise, TeamViewer will not recognize the account and therefore unattended access.

That said, 👉 please check on the device which will control the other, to be logged in with the correct user account.

Let us know if you need further assistance 🙂

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• axwack
    axwack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I think I am logged in. Can it be the same account?

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 989 Moderator
    Options

Hi @axwack,

Thank you for your reply.

It has to be the same account on both sides of the connection, except if the group in which your computer belongs is shared.

To check if it is a shared group, go to your Computers & Contacts lists → Identify the group → if you see a cloud, the group is shared, so the unattended access as well.

Apart from that, if you are the only one that is allowed to connect to this computer with unattended access, the user account must be the same 🙂

Let me know if you need further information. You can also reply with screenshots by hiding any sensitive data.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• axwack
    axwack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Does it matter if I have the free version?