TeamViewer Quick Support

At this time, I have TeamViewer installed on my windows 11 system. I am not using it for a business or for any profit. I only use it to help my children or wife who are in a different location at different times. I just bought my wife a new Chromebook last week and it seems that the store that set her system up installed TeamViewer Quick Support on it. I have no idea what this package is but should this help me if I need to help my wife with a problem or should they have installed the TeamViewer that I have installed on my system.

Thank you

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

@Dave1060 Pardon me, I think I confused you a little. Let me quickly rephrase it.

For Chromebooks on the "receiving side", you need to install either the QuickSupport for Android or the Host for Android.

To make outgoing connections from a Chromebook, you must install the TeamViewer for Chrome OS app. (But this is, as far as I could understand, not relevant for you).

If I understood correctly, the Chromebook you mentioned is the "receiving side". Therefore, you need to access the Play Store and install either QuickSupport for Android or Host for Android on the Chromebook.

And the Windows 11 device is the "Supporter side" (you). Therefore, you need to install TeamViewer for Windows on it.

I hope this is more clear now. 😊

Cheers,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Dave1060
    Dave1060 Posts: 4
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Jean

You are very patient

Answers

• JeanK
    edited September 2022

Hello @Dave1060,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

Indeed, QuickSupport is the app that needs to be installed on the Chromebook so someone using TeamViewer can connect to it.

To connect, you need to use the TeamViewer you have installed.

We also have an article showing how to connect to other devices: 📝 Connect via TeamViewer

With this setup, you'll be able to connect to your wife's Chromebook and help her anytime.

Let me know if you have any additional info!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Jean

Thank you for the info. From what you have posted that the full version of TeamViewer Remote Control would not be the correct software to install. I ask as my sister has the full free version installed on her Windows system. and we are able to connect. So, the Quick support version is only for Chromebooks and not the full version.

Is this correct? if so, why is the Team Viewer Remote Control also available on Google Play. Thank you once again.

Dave

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

@Dave1060 Pardon me, I think I confused you a little. Let me quickly rephrase it.

For Chromebooks on the "receiving side", you need to install either the QuickSupport for Android or the Host for Android.

To make outgoing connections from a Chromebook, you must install the TeamViewer for Chrome OS app. (But this is, as far as I could understand, not relevant for you).

If I understood correctly, the Chromebook you mentioned is the "receiving side". Therefore, you need to access the Play Store and install either QuickSupport for Android or Host for Android on the Chromebook.

And the Windows 11 device is the "Supporter side" (you). Therefore, you need to install TeamViewer for Windows on it.

I hope this is more clear now. 😊

Cheers,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Jean

Thank you. I now understand. If in fact my wife wished to be the computer to connect with me, she would need the full version but that will not happen as she will only need someone else to connect with her and that is why she will only need the Quick Support Version.

Thank you, Jean

• JeanK

Perfect - I'm glad we could understand each other well. 😊

I wish you happy connections with our product.

Let me know if you have any questions popping up, I'd be happy to help you again!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Dave1060
    Dave1060 Posts: 4
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Jean

You are very patient