TeamViewer Host Installation - custom config and assing to group do not work

I am trying to install the TeamViewer Host on a few hundert clients. For that I want to use the msi installation, but no matter what I try, it won't work. Acording to all the posts I have seen and the official guide from teamviewer, these methods should all work.

Method 1:

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx APITOKEN=xxxxxx DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--reassign --grant-easy-access --group gxxxxxx"

Method 2 - with settingsfile:

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn /norestart CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx SETTINGSFILE="%~dp0TeamViewer_Settings.tvopt" DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 APITOKEN=xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Method 3 - Installation and config separated:

start msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn

timeout /t 30 /nobreak

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --grant-easy-access --group-id Test_Host

timeout /t 15 /nobreak

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" customize --id xxxxxxx

None of these work. No policies get applied and the company logo also doens't show. They don't even add the client to the group. The only thing that is happening, is that in the second method the settingsfile is applied. Has anyone an idea what I am doing wrong here?

Also why is in every guide the apitoken and the customconfig with 'xxxxx' but the group with 'gxxxxx'?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,022 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Domi_932 and @SuperD0S,

Thanks a lot for your messages.

There must be something you are doing wrong in the deployment process.

Our customer support would be happy to help you to get this fixed.

Please contact us here: 🆘Get help - Customer Support

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers