Mass-Deployment | .tvopt is applied but Settings are missing sometimes

Options
MaxJD
MaxJD Posts: 9 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

We are deploying the TeamViewer via Microsoft SCCM. The TeamViewer gets installed successfully but on some Clients it seems like not all the Settings of the .tvopt are being deployed.

I can easily control this if I try to connect to the Client via Hostname and/or IP - on some Clients it is not possible to connect. on the others it is working as expected.

TeamViewer is definitely installed and the most Settings are applied, but not the Settings with the Lan-Connections.

Did anybody face this Problem, too and maybe got a Solution for that?

Thanks a lot!

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @MaxJD,

Good to see you posting again! 🙌

My first recommendation would be to check if the LAN setting has been correctly enabled in your Registry.

Could you please check if you can see:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer | General_DirectLAN | DWORD| 1 | Accept

in your Registry?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• MaxJD
    Options

Hi JeanK,

thanks for your fast Response!

I checked it and it is enabled:

• JeanK
    Options

I spoke with our engineers and they had never had a case like this.

Usually, the .tvopt is either applied to all devices or to none.

Could you please try to restart the TeamViewer service on the impacted devices and check if it fixes the issue?

Community Manager

• MaxJD
    Options

Good Morning @JeanK

I restarted the TeamViewer several Times and checked if the .tvopt is applied correctly. I can confirm now, that the .tvopt is applied correctly, but the Connection can not be established via Hostname and IP-Address. Everything in the Settings is set up like expected. Even in the Settings the Hostname is recognized by TeamViewer.

Is there a way to analyze, why the Connection could not be established?

Network-related Topics can I rule out. It does not happen in specific Subnets or IP-Ranges. The Firewall also looks fine. If something would be wrong there, the Connection with the ID shouldn't work either I think?

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @MaxJD,

Thank you for testing and confirming that the .tvopt file is correctly applied.

Let's find out what connection issues you have. Do you get any error messages?

Could you describe what happens when you try to connect via IP-Address?

Community Manager

• MaxJD
    Options

Hi @JeanK ,

This is the only Error-Message I receive, if I try to connect. Doesn't matter, if I try to connect via IP-Address or Hostname.

First the colored Dot switches to yellow and says "Connecting to Partner..." and after that it switches to red and it says "Could not connect to Partner":

• JeanK
    Options

I see. Let me check with our engineers; I'll revert as soon as I have some info to share.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Options

Given that the error message occurs when trying to connect internally, it would require analyzing your logs to find out what's wrong.

The best option would be to open a ticket and attach the log files to the ticket.

Our engineers will be able to have a closer look at the issue.

➜ How to submit a ticket

➜ How to find your log files

Let me know if you have managed to do so.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• MaxJD
    edited October 2022
    Options

Alright, I opened a Ticket some hours ago. I just attached the Logfiles of my Client and the Log of the Client-Sided Machine.

This is the Ticket-No. #[removed per Community Guidelines]

Thank you!

• JeanK
    Options

Perfect. I'm really curious about what our Support team will discover.

Please let us know about the outcome!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• MaxJD
    Options

Update:

The Problem somehow can not really be solved. The new way to go is we need to work with a Block- and Allow-List and with Groups via the Web-Interface of TeamViewer.

Thanks to @JeanK for the Help anyways!

Kind regards,

Max

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @MaxJD,

Thank you so much for keeping your word and updating us about the outcome. 👍

I hope the workaround suggested by our customer support will fit your needs in the long run.

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager