Authentication problems

Ybslik
Ybslik Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in General questions

I have been using the Free TeamViewer between my laptop and my home computer for several years now and all has worked well, up until a few days ago.

I tried to use my laptop to open my home computer and my laptop went through the ready to connect, connecting (to Partner) - Connecting - Authenticating......and nothing.

I have start TeamViewer with Windows activated

I have Easy Access for Steve (Me) is Granted

On both my laptop and Home Pc.

I have even been into computers & Contacts and removed the one i was trying to contact i.e. My Home Pc from my laptop, and my Laptop from my Home Pc.

I have then put in the ID for each machine and when asked added the Password for each

I have also selected the listed Laptop on my Home Pc and opened the Properties and added the password into the box as well for both machines.

I know haw it is supposed to work and TeamViewer has never fail me even from places like Crete in Greece and New Zealand I was able to access my Home pc with no problems.

But they are right next to each other at home and Nothing just fails every time to authenticate, Then on occasions blocks me completely for x No seconds due to failure to authenticate errors

Any help would be appreciated please,

Steve Bishop

Best Answer

• Ybslik
    Answer ✓

Hi All, the answer to my problem was that I had forgotten that I had 2FA activated via my phone.

Once i had logged into TeamViewer on my phone I was able to authenticate the connections between my Laptop and Pc.

Call the a OMG grey hair moment.

Problem solved.

Answers

• Ybslik
    Answer ✓

Hi All, the answer to my problem was that I had forgotten that I had 2FA activated via my phone.

Once i had logged into TeamViewer on my phone I was able to authenticate the connections between my Laptop and Pc.

Call the a OMG grey hair moment.

Problem solved.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Thank you, @Ybslik, for your update and very funny comment. It made my day! 😄

Hope to see you soon posting in the Forum!

/JeanK

Community Manager