Why TeamViewer ID number keeps changing?

Options

When the ID change, I have to Deactivate the Device. This cause that the remining move go less, but I have not reinstall Teamviewer, and don't have a new device. Any help?

Tagged:

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,598 Moderator
    Options

Hi @cisaemp,

It is great to see you posting in the TeamViewer Community!

May I ask you to ask if you are running TeamViewer on a server system please? You are able to check the TeamViewer ID and TeamViewer server ID by TeamViewer -> Three line menu (Top Left) -> About TeamViewer - TeamViewer ID.

If you see a TeamViewer Server ID, which confirms that your TeamViewer is installed on a server operating system. In this case, your TeamViewer ID will be changed all the time as multiple user accounts are created on the server system. If you would like to find out more information about TeamViewer on servers, we have this knowledge article available below

Based on the use case of using TeamViewer on a server system, we highly recommend using TeamViewer Premium and above license options for better management and administration. You are welcome to contact TeamViewer Sales Team☎ for a suitable option.

If you are not running TeamViewer on a server system but TeamViewer ID changes all the time, we advise you to first uninstall, download and install the latest version of TeamViewer, then check again for the TeamViewer ID; meantime, ensure that the hardware and software of the device stay the same all the time.

I really hope my explanation helps you.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • cisaemp
    cisaemp Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Ying_Q,

I have Teamviewer Business, Teamviewer ID. I uninstalled and reinstall Teamviewer and still with the same issue, the ID continue changing.

• MikeGF
    MikeGF Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I have Tensor. I have the same issue. Does not seem like anyone knows why this is happening. I have EasyAccess turned on, and yet the ID keeps changing. Maybe even after Windows Updates get installed.... not sure.

• MikeGF
    Options

Not on a server.

• jneub60
    jneub60 Posts: 1
    Options

I also am having the same problem. Business edition and I am running out of moves as I have to change it every couple of weeks.

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hi @cisaemp, @MikeGF and @jneub60,

Thank you for sharing your case in the TeamViewer Community! I am sorry for the super delayed response.

For Business license users like @cisaemp and @jneub60, if your license moves run out, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for a courtesy move reset. For more information about TeamViewer Business Activation Management, check out - Activate your Business license.

Also adding @MikeGF for ID-changing issue assistance. It can be caused by various reasons with the factors of software, hardware and the internet. TeamViewer Support Team is happy to help and check on ID-changing issue.

Best,

Ying_Q

• MikeGF
    Options

@Ying_Q I am dealing with Daniel with Level 2... he doesn't really have anything to add about this and cannot specifically reveal what is causing them to change. Seems like when we update Teamviewer Host via SCCM that's when it happens. Can you provide any specific information or steps we can take to resolve this issue? It's a really large problem. We cannot connect to machines when the ID changes, and also, it's a HUGE security risk, because when that happens, it is not joined to our Company account, which prevents use of the ID and password - which means the ID and password will NOW WORK. That's a problem. Thank you.

• MikeGF
    Options

@Ying_Q Would you happen to have any answers for me, please?

• MikeGF
    Options

@Ying_Q Update please?

• Ying_Q
    Options

Hello @MikeGF,

My sincere apologies for the late response in the Community!

Ultimately, a direct conversation with the Support Team will be way more better and efficient, and the technical support reps will be able to deep dive into the scenario and provide more helpful information case by case. I would also try to forward this Community conversation internally to the support team for you. At the same time, we appreciate your understanding, patience and support for being active and keeping the conversation going with the Support Team.

Best,

Ying_Q