Teamviewer goes offline

Options
Locksmith
Locksmith Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I am struggling with a couple of computers which suddenly, and for no apparent reason, goes offline. I tried to reinstall TV, but no luck.. I am providing technical support for quite a few customers in a pretty wide area - I need to know TV is working..

And yes, I tried searching through other threads, but most of the posts with similar challenges are not replied, which makes me wonder if there is any use asking a question here at all..? 🤔

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Locksmith

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

In order to assist, we will require a bit more information.

For starters, could you please confirm that the devices are still online and accessible when TeamViewer shows them as offline (either as confirmed by a user at the device or other means)?

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Locksmith
    Locksmith Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

thx for answering. 😊

I can confirm that the servers are online, yes. One of the servers is virtual, and maintained by some very skilled IT-guys. We tried to install the host first, but when that didn't work, we installed the full-version. But after a few days, the server is shown as offline. I do not know if this is a setting in Windows, or if there is something with TV.

The other instance I can remember off the top of my head is a pc, functioning as a server. Both of these servers are used for the Arx Access access control system, manufactured by ASSA Abloy. I have around 30 servers working perfectly, but these two kind of fade away after a couple of days. When I ask the IT guys to check it out, they restart TV and everything is ok for another couple of days.

John

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @Locksmith

You also mentioned another useful piece of info in your reply - 'the servers'!

With servers, TeamViewer creates two types of IDs - the Server ID and the User ID(s):

Essentially, the User IDs are tied to individual RDP/User sessions. With a User ID, access via that ID would not be possible when the RDP/User session is minimized or closed.

Alternatively, the Server ID is tied to the physical device. When connecting to the Server ID, you are brought to the login screen for the device.

You can verify this when connected to the device in About TeamViewer - this is located in the three-line menu (≡) in the upper left corner of the TeamViewer app. You should see both IDs listed:

If this is the case, connect to the Server ID of the device instead. As long as the Server is online (not asleep, or at least wakes for network access), connections to this ID should be possible.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if this is the case, or if you encounter anything otherwise.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---