Why are my hosts losing Easy Access and Account Assignment?

Options

Most of my deployed hosts are losing their Easy Access settings, and do not seem to be associaed with our account.

Strangely, I can still connect some of the time. Usually it takes multiple attempts, and just works for no reason.

I've tried re-'assigning' the host to our account. This requires our main account's userid and password. This sort of works...but it's not clear that TeamViewer is picking up the new registration, or somehow the old registered connection still works in the TeamViewer client. Also unclear whether it's picking up any policy that I had applied to the modules through Groups; many of the hosts now ask the end-users if they want to rotate the password after disconnection....something we haven't trained them to know how to answer, I thought I had policy telling it to 'keep the current password'.

I am not using 'Device Groups' and have not read up on it. I wonder if I missed some major changes in the last few years and need to redo everything?

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @LenCCS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

May I ask the following questions for better understanding and set-up on your Host?

• How did you perform the Host installation?
    • Does your account come with Administrative rights on the devices?
    • Have you shared the group which stores all the Hosts with anyone?

Hope to hear from you!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • TConard
    TConard Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@LenCCS I'm having the same problem the past few days. We have computers set up in a group for multiple techs to see and connect to. Out of the blue, many hosts are no longer showing "easy access" as being set up. When we try to connect, it prompts for a password.

Teamviewer Corporate licensing. Teamviewer Host version, installed anytime between this week and months ago. We're using the silent installation string to set up easy access and place the computers in a specific group within our* account.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @TConard,

Thank you for sharing your case with us in the comment.

As you have deployed the TeamViewer Host with silent installation, I would strongly recommend contacting TeamViewer Support Team ☎ for a direct conversation for a thorough check and possible solution.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • TConard
    Options

Thanks Ying_Q. I will do this the next time I have a live example in front of me. Thanks.

• InfoPro
    InfoPro Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same here...

• TConard
    Options

@InfoPro I am having this problem all over the place. Very intermittent and odd. Still waiting for my 2nd bout of tech support to try to resolve this. Where do you stand with getting it fixed?

• LiamSalisbury
    LiamSalisbury Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

I'm also getting the same issue also. Any updates?

• TConard
    Options

So that makes 4 different people reporting the same problem. For my company, it is getting more widespread. It seems like every time I want to connect to a remote user, within my TV console their host is either reporting as offline or has lost easy access and I have to ask them for the TV client ad-hoc password.

I have not been able to get this fixed through the support ticket routine because it is taking too long between replies, and every time I have a "live one" in my office, I'm not able to get someone to look at it within several days, which is after I've already turned the computer back around to the end user.

This thread needs to be bumped weekly until we get this fixed.

• wolftech
    wolftech Posts: 1
    Options

This is happening same in my office. Some devices I can get to and make the update. Others are offsite which makes it happen to reconnect that device to my TeamViewer account.

• TConard
    Options

@LenCCS @wolftech @LiamSalisbury @InfoPro

Folks, I'd highly recommend that you put in an official support request so that we can stress this is happening to no less than 5 organizations. I have been working through support for many weeks without much satisfaction, and it was stated in a support response today that "First, we (the support team) don't work with users on forums or community websites. Those kinds of sites are there for free users."

To me, this means that no many how many people complain here on these forums, it will not really get the attention of the correct people that can do something about it.

If any new parties are experiencing this then please speak up both here in this thread and by opening a support request.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @TConard @LenCCS @wolftech @LiamSalisbury @InfoPro

Thanks to all in this thread.

We are sorry to hear that this issue has persisted for you all.

I wanted to step in to correct what the representative told @TConard - The TeamViewer Community is not only for free users. While it is true that the TeamViewer Community is user-driven, meaning many answers and conversations occur between users such as yourself, we as moderators, our support representatives, and other TeamViewer employees are also active here, providing guidance, answers, and direction to both free and licensed users alike.

That being said, as @Ying_Q mentioned in her reply, we do recommend that licensed users affected by this issue reach out to our support teams directly, as further investigation is required to determine the exact cause of the issue. Such cases usually require analysis of logs and other information; for the security and privacy of our users, any log requests must occur through a support ticket.

To create a ticket, please see the following article:

Should we hear anything regarding this issue, we are more than happy to also update you all here.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• TConard
    Options

Just an update from me on this one.. my company is still having this problem despite setting a TeamViewer policy to automatically update all TeamViewer Host instances to the latest. The efforts to get TeamViewer Support to fix this have been fruitless, as they believe it is an environmental issue. This is affecting many computers quite randomly, but only a relatively small percentage of our total installation base.

This is extraordinarily annoying, because we don't know that the problem exists until we go to initiate a connection through our console (Computers & Contacts section.) At that point, we normally see this:

Or otherwise, TV shows as offline for many days. At this point we realize that Teamviewer has lost its account assignment, or in the case of the screenshot here, it has lost its Easy Access setting and other settings to make it "ours" in nature.

Please, please fix this.

I will open another support request in the meantime.

• Jsarachaga
    Jsarachaga Posts: 1
    Options

Hello everyone

Just to poke this issue. Is it still happening?

I’m planning to set this for all my customer’s computers, and my tests are not satisfactory, not sure yet if this is because I’m missing something or if because of this issues.

• TConard
    Options

Yes, this is still happening for many people and the TeamViewer support team is not offering any working advice on how to resolve. This is due to it being a problem with the application programming itself, not an environmental or customer problem.

I would recommend avoiding the procurement of TeamViewer licensing and seek known-good, cheaper alternatives from a company that shows more care and compassion.

• ZLinux
    ZLinux Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

I have been seeing this in my Linux teamviewer-host installations and thought that it might be a Linux-specific issue (and posted on it there), but apparently it's not just a Linux issue.

I've lost most of my systems over the past week. I also couldn't get the most recent versions to authenticate with my easy access (wouldn't even get to the point where they could prompt for my 2-factor code) and ultimately had to roll back to an older version of teamviewer-host for Linux, set a temporary password through the terminal, and then was able to get it to enable easy access through the GUI. But that doesn't fix all of my other systems that I no longer can access.

Something is broken and TeamViewer has yet to respond.

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options

It also hits us once in a while, where at the moment we have more cases again.

We do a silent install with automated assignment during installation of a new device.

In the "Design & Deploy" - "Assignment" part of the console, all users will be set as managers. This is because we also put the freshly installed devices in a group XXX and the local IT teams are supposed to move the devices into their local groups ZZZ.

So, for the group everyone that needs to move devices also has a lot of rights: Group Management, Manager Administration, Policy Administration and Easy Access.

What happens currently quite frequently is that directly after installation, while the device is still in group XXX, they can connect. Then the device gets moved to group ZZZ and Easy Eccess is not available anymore, but they are being asked for a password (which does not exist). In group ZZZ the users are getting the management rights via User Groups and not directly via their user accounts. So other groups will have only Easy Access as they only need to connect to the devices.

What I found now is, that my "normal" user will get shown only "Connect with" on these freshly installed devices:

• ID and Password
    • Prompt for confirmation
    • Windows authentication

Easy access is greyed out and inactive. Still if I use "ID and Password" it will user Easy Access for me... not for others though. Also, when I add my user directly to a device and grant Easy access explicitely, I will get shown Easy access as well as a "Connect with" option in the TeamViewer client.

Something is definitely wrong here and TeamViewer should communicate openly that they are aware of issues!

• TConard
    Options

Yes, this is the problem precisely.

Probably no chance of getting open and transparent communications about the problem, though, as I worked diligently for almost a year to have this fixed and they seemed powerless to do anything about it. Put me through the wringer entirely.

I would suggest seeking alternative systems.

• flospi
    flospi Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options

Well, I just created a(nother) Ticket concerning the topic and mentioned this thread here.

Let's see what happens.