The new UI is horrible...

Comments

• cwernstedt
    cwernstedt Posts: 1
    edited October 22

New teamviewer on Mac is extremely unstable. I have to restart it frequently in order to connect to user machines. User interface just goes dead.

Also tons of issues after updates on the end user machines themselves. TeamViewer needs re-installation.

Will look for other options for remote support. Can't continue like this with surprise updates that remove functionality or cause problems. This is software that needs to be 100% solid in order to support a world wide dispersed organization .

• LakeShore
    LakeShore Posts: 16
    edited October 22

We need to be able to customize this toolbar ASAP please:

My go to functions like "lock" and "show all screens" are way to nested in menus now.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 22

@LakeShore I checked with the product team and I can already tell: it's in our plans to make the toolbar customizable!

However, I cannot name any timeline for when it will be implemented. I'll make sure to inform you in this thread when it's available. Hope that works for you. 🙂

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

@FakeName There is no plan to allow migrating computers that were manually added via ID and password.

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    edited October 22

Great! but no need to inform me, I'm in TeamViewer hours every day!

• JeanK
    edited October 22

@LakeShore Our team is currently evaluating the 64-bit Host topic.

Could you please let us know why and how you would benefit from a 64-bit Host version?

For which technical (or non-technical) reasons would you like to have it?

This would be such a great help! Many thanks in advance for your support!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    edited October 22

My new best friend says exactly why 64bit is better than 32bit:

The preference for 64-bit software over 32-bit software in a corporate environment (or any environment for that matter) is primarily due to the following advantages:

1. Memory Handling: The most significant advantage of 64-bit software is the ability to handle and utilize a significantly larger amount of RAM compared to 32-bit software. A 32-bit system can support up to 4GB of RAM, whereas a 64-bit system can theoretically support over 18 million TB of RAM. While current technology doesn't reach this theoretical limit, it does allow for systems to use tens or hundreds of GBs of RAM, which can be crucial for resource-intensive applications such as large databases, data analysis tools, design software, and more.
    2. Performance: 64-bit processors can handle larger data types and do more work per clock cycle. They can have more cores, and most of the software written today is optimized for a 64-bit architecture. Therefore, these applications run more efficiently and perform better on 64-bit software.
    3. Security: 64-bit systems can benefit from added security measures such as hardware-enforced DEP (Data Execution Prevention), a security feature that can help prevent damage from viruses and other security threats by monitoring programs to make sure they use system memory safely.
    4. Software Compatibility: Most new software and applications are being designed with 64-bit architecture in mind. While many of these applications also have 32-bit versions, the trend is moving toward 64-bit exclusive applications. By using 64-bit software, corporations can ensure they're able to use the latest and most efficient software.
    5. Scalability: As corporations grow, their computing needs also grow. Having a 64-bit architecture allows for this growth as it can support the addition of more memory and robust software applications.

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 47
    edited October 22

At OS level I'd think it probably performs better, and you probably also get more security with 64bit apps. Then secondly, why not? You built a 64bit version of Teamviewer which I would wager was for some of the same reasons. ;D

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 47
    edited October 22

OK...@LakeShore went into a LOT more detail than me. So what he said. lol

• ohansen
    ohansen Posts: 1
    edited October 22

New user interface looks like it's designed by somebody who have never worked with the software, or people that should never be allowed to develop user interfaces..

Keep it simple. Just used 30 minutes with a customer to be able to connect to him, a job that normally took 5 minutes.

• LakeShore
    edited October 22

So I did a lot of **bleep** above, but the Asset Management section in the new full client is looking nicer.

TV, you have a long way to go but bringing functionality out of the web sites to the full client is appreciated.

Now 64bit Host, customizable columns, condensed console view, customizable remote control screen toolbars, ... and backup and android device support migrated to new version, please.

• JaRoRi
    JaRoRi Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I also agree. As soon as I want to change an alias name I'm not able to do it in the new UI. Sorry, but switched back to old UI and there it works absolutely fine.

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @JaRoRi,

If you have limited edit capabilities on devices with the new UI, it most probably means that you haven't migrated your devices to the new system yet. To do so, please read our article here: Update your devices

/JeanK

Community Manager

• FreddyN
    FreddyN Posts: 1
    edited October 22

Very seldom do I ever comment on forums but in this case it is necessary.

The new interface is absolutely terrible, nothing is coherent. I have been using TV for at least 10 years and this is a complete nightmare.

Nothing is logical. It's not apparent how to create, save or connect to users. With the old interface everything is laid out in an ergonomical manner, it's obvious where you have to do things... Why change that ?

The new software has been designed by Web Designers and not TV support staff... It is an utter shambles.

The interface is not constant, as though different teams were used to design different element and did not speak to each other during the process..

The Home page : What purpose does it actually serve ? Add a Photo, is this a joke ?

Tele-assistance : Why would this take précédence over Devices.. The majority of people using this are support staff not users.

Devices : Why is there not "star"/add direct to favorites" button as there was in the previous interface, it is "extremely " useful when dealing with a company full of contacts.

I had a use give me his ID Yesterday, the new interface showed that the user was not available, I connect to the old interface and every was fine... Reconnect to the new and the user was not available. This is completely unacceptable, the frustration for both the user and myself is unbearable. I can understand that new software has bugs, but when the main function does not work then some other thinking has to be done..

I hate giving negative remarks on software but this is just impossible not to do. Please, please, please give the software to people who actually provide support and let them debug the ergonomics etc before pushing this out.. The design leader needs to be replaced by someone that actually used the software... This is an example of a solution looking for a problem...

Please remove this "alpha" testing until some serious thought has been put into the design...

The old interface works what possible reason is there for changing it.. If it's financial then you will lose your customer base...

• JeanK
    edited October 22

@FreddyN thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. You don't have to feel bad to sharing negative feedback about the new interface. In fact, we are very grateful for it. This helps us improving and addressing customer pain points to our respective teams.

What I can take from the feedback:

• You want to have the Device tab before the Remote Support tab, as you need it more often.
    • You would like to have the ability to "add devices as favourite".
    • You don't see the need for the current Home page.
      • What would you like to have in a Home page, given that they will be one?

Could you to go even a little more into detail what you don't like, or in which direction you would like to see the new interface developing? The more we have concrete feedback, the more we can cluster it and address it to our teams.

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Community Manager

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13
    edited October 22

Jean,

Cancel this disaster. Go back to the drawing board and start from the scratch.

And only tweak UI.

This kind of "reinvention" for sure damaged your business. I am not renewing TeamViewer for another period.

• KKarl
    KKarl Posts: 12
    edited July 2023

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the disgruntled users above. I have 1500 devices around the globe, and the new UI makes it much harder to do my work.

• cannot edit Description
    • very slow response
    • information is so spread out, it use to be compact and concise
    • it takes far more clicks to do every task
    • this UI is designed for [removed per Community Guidelines] using an iPad, not for TeamViewer customers sitting at their PC
    • apparently Groups are going to change?? THIS WILL COST ME DAYS TO RECOVER, because we use Groups extensively for all sorts of reasons
    • this is a major downgrade, not an upgrade
    • I do not need any of the new features you keep trying to provide me with, I just need reliable, consistent, unchanging remote access to my 1500 devices

I ask TeamViewer:

In what ways is this new UI better? None. I will be very unhappy when you eventually force everyone to use it.

STICK TO WHAT WORKS ; UNDERSTAND YOUR CUSTOMER BASE

AND ABOVE ALL, please ignore whichever genius software engineer said "Hey, let's change everything, that will be cool ...".

This ridiculous and unnecessary change has already cost me time and money.

<end of rant>

• vtxchris
    vtxchris Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes the disaster TeamViewer has become. I've run my business off of this software since version 5, and after over a decade of being one of the most valuable tools I use it's become almost a detriment to doing business. Setting aside how bad the new UI is (I think that's been well covered in this thread), the software is becoming almost impossible to use. The performance is terrible, with persistent lag issues and frequent application crashes. Making connections is a crapshoot - probably 20% of the time a connection will time out - I have learned to just cancel the attempt and try again, as it usually works the 2nd time. At least once every month or two I'll get logged out and either can't get signed back in, or if I do my license isn't recognized and I have to just wait until the system decides to start working again. Clients are CONSTANTLY showing offline, even though they're not offline and I can actually still connect to them, meaning that I spend all day long dealing with pop-ups telling me a computer has come online even though it never went down in the first place - right now I'm actively connected to a server that is showing as offline in my list. I don't want to switch to different software but TeamViewer is just getting worse and you're leaving me little choice.

• PH2345
    PH2345 Posts: 4
    edited October 22

[removed per Community Guidelines] but liked the stability of TeamViewer more (not as of late of course). [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Compulynx
    Compulynx Posts: 5
    edited August 2023

I don't know where to start. Besides now being FORCED to have an account, now I can not log in to my remote location without someone being there to ok it. I have set full access and it still asks for an ok from the remote.

Been using Teamviewer for years now, but I am going to start looking for another. This company is going the way of Norton and becoming such a **bleep** it will be unusable.

And did I say the "new" interface **bleep**!

• Compulynx
    edited October 22

One thing I forgot to mention is that if I log in from my Android phone, the remote does not need to have access ok'd, it is just from another pc running Teamviewer it will ask for an ok on the remote PC.

Kinda Crazy.

• Compulynx
    edited October 22

And now another weird thing after updates.

On my Laptop, I can not access a remote pc without being logged in. But on my PC, I can access remote PC's without being logged in.

Both machines are at the same version, 15.44.5 (64 bit)

More weird stuff after updates.

• By the looks of these comments, Teamviewer is not doing so well. I can't stand the new UI either. It doesn't work. I am currently testing other software and getting ready to pitch it to my boss. He's starting get flustrated and it won't be long.

For sure can't suggest to our clients anymore. Whom ever is in charge at Teamviewer must be a new corporate goofball who doesn't actually know anything. It's not the first time this has happend to companies.

• mjc775
    mjc775 Posts: 4

I gave the "New Interface" a try for a few months, but just went back to the original one. I have 2 computers side-by-side, one had the new interface and one with the original. Recently with the new interface it had become more often that devices in My Partners and Bookmarks lists would not show up, nor could I connect to them by manually entering the ID.

• TheNetworkMAN
    TheNetworkMAN Posts: 1
    edited October 22

Loved the old team viewer. I am looking for alternative products for my team.

• websafe
    websafe Posts: 15
    edited October 22

Same here!

• Sadmatty
    Sadmatty Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I too am exploring other platforms. The latest upgrades are horrible, the new interface stinks, can't get the patching to work and the system alerts (reporting) are inaccurate to what is displayed in the Dashboard.

Teamviewer, I lost faith in your ability to provide IT with the tools needed to manage an environment - I'm out!!

• Antun
    Antun Posts: 1

I'm on fresh win 10 22h2 and loading is just stuck, any help?

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @LakeShore,

I am happy to announce that the Host and the QuickSupport in 64-bit are now available! 🥳

You can download them from our website here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Thank you for your trust and patience!

/JeanK

Community Manager