The new UI is horrible...

15678911»

Comments

• LakeShore
    LakeShore Posts: 16
    edited October 22

Yes! I've been using it on 4 hosts for a bit now and it works great!

Thanks for listening to our feedback!

Now how do I automate upgrading all 32bit hosts to 64bit... hmmm ;)

• dazinger92
    dazinger92 Posts: 4
    edited October 22

Please, PLEASE, for anyone reading this. Just delete TeamViewer 15. Just go back to version 14. It is so, so much better. And if you want to be able to switch sides with partner on the free version (which I believe they removed a while ago) then go even further back than 14.

My 1366x768 resolution (or whatever that goofy resolution actually is, I just put random numbers down) is larger because I Win+K myself my 4k TV as a second screen, but I only use 1080p resolution. The way that affects my Windows settings is that I need to scale the font/text/etc. through the Windows settings to make it appear large enough to have it readable on the TV when I am using that display.

Naturally, these settings are going to be enabled on my account 24/7 no matter if I am using the external display or not. I end up having to deal with this on the browser I use by zooming out on websites and stuff. But besides that, everything else works exactly as intended.

Until I tried to run TeamViewer 15 for the first time.

My god, it was awful. I will show you guys what it looked like just for the comedy gold, but honestly I already reinstalled TV 14 at this point and I'm only willing to briefly reinstall TV 15 just for this epic photo. It looks like a five year old built the main menu UI.

I don't even know where to begin with this image. But, basically, only two things are actually clickable: the "sign in" button and the "session code" box. Good luck trying to open settings, because it's literally hidden behind the white box. You can barely see a couple pixels of the gearbox icon to the right.

And good luck trying to find your own session code. Because apparently, scrolling is not possible. I guess the kids making these apps are just so glued to their Tiktok accounts on their phone screen that they didn't even know scrolling is a thing on PCs.

• TotalLoss
    TotalLoss Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I only came here to say that the new version of TV is truly awful. When connecting to a user running TV QS it requires multiple abort connection presses before it'll allow connection using local administrative credentials on that machine. It clearly also doesn't play well if you are running a corporate VPN at the same time as I've seen that drop put on multiple occasions during the negotiation phase to a machine you are attempting to connect to. TV used to be a fantastic remote support product but this version really is a dumpster fire on many levels. Please roll back to the previous version :)

• NPost
    NPost Posts: 1

interface is bad!

• awefulinterface
    awefulinterface Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I signed up just to say I absolutely HATE the new version. You ruined a perfectly good product. I am going elsewhere now. Your dev's and whoever approved this should be fired!

• bluehenve
    bluehenve Posts: 2
    edited October 22

wow, I've been searching for hours for the meeting feature, beeing a paying customer. Terrible experience loosing overview of all my meetings with this update, I must say.

• mmatus
    mmatus Posts: 2
    edited October 22

The new interface (desktop and web) are so badly designed, that we will quit our subscription if it is the only choice. Teamviewer is on a path to nowhere with these developments. :(((((((((((((((

• OrangeRoughy
    OrangeRoughy Posts: 1
    edited October 22

The new version of TeamViewer is a steaming pile.

I've used Teamviewer for 10+ years.

I used to use it to fix problems.

Now it is the problem.

It's completely unclear what you're supposed to do when you open the app on PC. How do you connect to a user?

Even if I run an older version, it redirects me to the website to log in. And then nothing happens. It never goes back to the app. The app never registers the login. Clicking the link to use the web interface doesn't work either.

You took a good product and destroyed it. What a horrible business decision.

Just roll everyone back to the old version that actually worked, and let's all pretend this debacle never happened.

• Unknown
    edited October 22
    This content has been removed.
  • FROSTBITE
    FROSTBITE Posts: 1
    edited October 22

the last version, before the horrid UI/UX changes was actually pretty good, why did you guys kill your winning formula? it honestly baffles me, since i was using TV so much back since '16 as a student

• Unknown
    edited October 22
    This content has been removed.
  • MarkoKuusemets
    MarkoKuusemets Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I tried and wanted to like the new UI. It makes no sense and is not usable. It is designed by a nontechnical person hired to check the box. I'm slowly moving to **Third Party Product**.

• It is now 2024 and the new UI is still unbelievably slow. Just navigating the UI is painful. Does anyone at TeamViewer actually use TeamViewer? Are there any plans to actually fix the sluggish UI?

• chazzamm
    chazzamm Posts: 2
    edited March 7

[removed per Community Guidelines] I am absolutely over the UI getting worse and worse, the service getting slower and slower, and unwanted redesigns making it impossible to use. I have over 1000 users and moving to ANYTHING else is going to be preferable to continuing to support this disaster. I used to Love TeamViewer, but over the past several version updates and mandatory changes to how things are done, it is clear they do not love us back...

• juan_molina
    juan_molina Posts: 1
    edited October 22

Almost a year later, Teamviewer went **bleep**!

• Josh_B
    Josh_B Posts: 9
    edited October 22

The fact that there is not really much communication around this topic from TeamViewer even after so many people have not just complained but given actual feedback, is insane.

It feels like we as looooong paying customers of TeamViewer don't matter at all.

Forunately I've heard from a couple of other businesses how their experience was when leaving TeamViewer for another product and this shows me it's probably pretty easy for us to make the switch.

Let's see where this is going.

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 47
    edited October 22

It speaks volumes.

• tobiasw
    tobiasw Posts: 1

I just want to confirm all comments about incredibly slow interface. The old one was 100 times better. Hope you do something about this asap!

• Bazsl
    Bazsl Posts: 17

I cannot find the list of My Computers from the old UI in the new UI which makes connecting difficult. I do not find the new UI intuitive at all. Thanks.

• Bazsl
    Bazsl Posts: 17
    edited October 22 Answer ✓

Ignore my question. I finally found the documentation.

• micahAB
    micahAB Posts: 2

Nobody will read this. So here I cry out to the gods of stone, knowing it is worthless. Actively shopping for alternatives.
    A simple task. Used to be so simple! I just want to delete a device.
    I search at the top search, the device shows up. It is offline as expected. There is no buttons to modify or delete. @#$%.
    I search on the second little search box for the list. No results. @#$.
    I switch to "all managed devices". Search. No results. @#$% teamviewer.
    I switch to "bookmarked devices". Search. No results. @#$% teamviewer.
    I switch to "migration required". Search. Device found. I delete it. @#$% teamviewer.
    If you are reading this, you have no reason to be proud of your job. TV is only maintaining it's relevance because it is the incumbent player.

• LostCustomer
    LostCustomer Posts: 1
    edited October 22

The last major update was indeed abhorrent, released by sadists and lunatics.

Almost a year later the misery and struggle continue. 'Groups' and now also 'Device Groups' are a complete mess, nothing assigns to accounts correctly anymore or acts how it should, admins have no permissions to make changes on devices despite being set with full access rights, the migration tool to try to convert between 'old way' and 'new way' simply gets stuck or fails 50% of the time… the list of issues goes on and on and on and on and on.

Gargling bubonic plague would provide greater pleasure and relief than continuing to use Teamviewer for any purposes

• mdmnothing
    mdmnothing Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I can also weight in here. I have been trying to use Teamviewer Host on Android, and it's complete garbage. You can't wake the device up using Teamviewer Desktop, which makes it essentially close to useless for helping out workers when they are stuck. It also doesn't recognize when the device has woken up from the user side. Please fix this product or just get rid of it; you're wasting everyone's time.

• MarcusS168
    MarcusS168 Posts: 1
    edited October 22

The use of insert help screens whilst colorful add no value in readability to sight challenged eyes. Please improve

• Psyllicon
    Psyllicon Posts: 6
    edited October 22

I have relied on TeamViewer to maintain the remote systems of elderly Family and Friends for EONS~

When prompted to use the New Interface, I actually attempted to do so (locally only, at first, Thank God) because I have multiple machines at my home. The experience was ATROCIOUS~

My greatest fear now is that I will be 'forced' to use an Inept and poorly designed interface in the future. Or that I will need to coordinate a migration to 3rd Party Product with multiple (putting it Lightly) elderly users I help keep some semblance of Normal on their machines.. God Forbid~

• erwincraps
    erwincraps Posts: 1
    edited October 23

The new interface is a horror.

I don't get it anymore, why is it so slow in interacting?
    How many times must I click to make a connection?
    Why are several of the computers located in different groups and I can't find the machines of a particular customer anymore?
    Where is the add a new device button gone?
    Where the save into a group option gone?
    Where can I save the password of a device?

It's a frustrating time consuming experience.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
    FIX IT!

A long time paying customer.

😢