The new UI is horrible...

Comments

• Michael123434234
    Michael123434234 Posts: 1
    edited October 22

Terrible design choice. Won't be renewing my license.

• Josh_B
    Josh_B Posts: 9
    edited October 22

Regarding the "I truly believe the main issue is changing habits, ...".

Yes, changing habits is not easy. But there is a much bigger problem attached to it. Over the years we've build an extensive list of groups in our "Computers & Contacts" list. One group for every customer. Inside that group, there are a bunch of hosts or "normal" TV Clients saved. Previously we were able to quickly type the customer name in the search bar and instantly get all the available connections shown. This is now requiring extra steps. And yes it may seem to be just 2 clicks extra but do this 50 times a day, five days a week and then we talk again. It just gets annoying.

I'm not complaining as much about this new "Session" thing as much as I complain about ease of use, accessibility, simplicity. This was always the key benefit of TeamViewer.

We do remote support for individual employees of our customers too. And most of them are (kindly speaking) not the most experienced people in front of the PC. They now what they need to do for work on a PC and thats it. And to be honest, we can't blame people for that.

We are now at a point where we have most of our customers understanding what they need to do when they need support. If I think about re-training those people to a new UI and Connection-method, I'm going bald just thinking about it...

So yes, it is a change of habits, but also quite a big logistical undertaking for us. Which makes other solutions very appealing at the moment.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 22

Hi @Josh_B,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about the ease of use, accessibility, and simplicity and for allowing us to understand "what happens behind the scenes".

We are working hard to address all the pain points you provide so we can deliver the best remote control software.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• WISEIT
    WISEIT Posts: 6
    edited October 22

Hi @/JeanK,

I wholeheartedly agreed with everything Josh_B wrote as that is also my experience.

Teamviewer already had one of the best remote control software until it was ruined with this new UI and should seriously consider reverting back to what worked as judging by the overwhelming volume of negative comments Teamviewer may soon not have many customers left. I am yet to meet or read anyone who actually likes this new UI. Seriously, do you like it? As you seem to work for Teamviewer you probably have to say yes.

• wayneh
    wayneh Posts: 2
    edited October 22

Have to agree with the other posters. I've had several clients over the past couple of days where I've just had to give up supporting them over Teamviewer and resorted to just using the phone. Just got off the phone with another where we had to resort to a Facetime session pointed at their screen as they couldn't work out any way to give me their ID and password. And before you suggest I email them a link just like several others the whole purpose of the support call was to set up their email so how would you suggest I send the link!

This is poorly thought out and unless it's improved I'll also be taking my business elsewhere.

• Scirocco16
    Scirocco16 Posts: 1

Bad move, TeamViewer, bad move.

• mattyn
    mattyn Posts: 4

I have 4000 endpoints. This new version is so bad i accept the pain to move to an alternative. Thats a lot of pain but I welcome it to be free of Teamviewer. Does anyone from Teamviewer ever respond to all the negative feedback ?

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @wayneh,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can share a session in multiple ways.

In case the end-users do have access to their e-mail, and you want to connect to them via ID and password, you can ask them to download QuickSupport via our website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download

Their ID and password will be automatically displayed. Simple as that.

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JustSumGuy
    JustSumGuy Posts: 20

Ok, so we can go back to the old UI now... thats good.

still deploying new systems is cumbersome, have to log in thats fine, then turn off the new UI... ok

Then setup unattended, reboot and last log off the account...

It was simpler before...

I guess no thought was applied to system deployment.

Perhaps a windows version of a pure host for unattended access would make this simpler?

Something that we could get from our cloud control panel that installers could run that has full credentials and certs compiled just before download?

• Themmeri
    Themmeri Posts: 1
    edited October 22

This is So bad. Do they even know what it does to us ???.

which one do you download for new remote machine.? once downloaded can you configure it. i did once and never got back there again. where did them settings go. Tried multiple downloads. there only used to be 1 main one but i dont want my credentials on all my machines out there and i want to be able to put a password in i can get to after they close AE Noone there to give it to me one. where did that go. its either one or the other. I imagine theres some sanity to this but then again....its 2023

• jr7777
    jr7777 Posts: 2
    edited October 22

JeanK...

You're right. Some of the griping is just the "change is hard" thing. Most of it though it legitimate.

I have spent more time this week trying to move PCs from the restricted groups to the main groups. I had to figure out the process via trial and error. The documentation didn't even come close to providing a proper explanation.

And, the process itself makes little sense. I am guessing this whole migrating devices thing plays into a bigger picture. And that's fine if we get some sort of explanation. However, there was not explanation. Just a sudden blast of garbage upon opening a new interface.

If you want to know the problem, I can give it to you with a very simple explanation...

When I open one of my groups, there is absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the sorting of the items in the group. Supposedly the items are sorted by status. Beyond that, it is a mystery. This might be useful if the items were sub-sorted by name. However, that is not the case.

We are now forced into an extra click to sort the items by name. As one previous poster said... Yes. One extra click. Do that a hundred times each day multiplied by all of the other idiotic "little" hurdles we must make our way thru. Pretty soon you have a day full of frustration.

Another example... I needed to rename some of the items in one of my groups. There is NO clear concise way to accomplish that simplest of tasks. I need to actually login to the web and scroll way down to the bottom of the list of PCs and make a change there. That's right, the PC is listed higher up. But the higher up version doesn't allow a change.

In addition, after the change is made on the web, I don't see it in the app on my PC until I restart the app. Seriously? How backwards is the app anyway?

Yes. As you can tell, we are not happy. I am looking to move all of my PCs over to another solution. It is going to be a large project. Burning a large amount of time. For that I am angry.

• jr7777
    jr7777 Posts: 2
    edited October 22

One more thing...

It's not as simple as clicking the slider to go back to the old interface. I wish it was that simple. The old interface doesn't exist as it was. The so-called old interface is a bastardized version of what it was. We can't do any of the maintenance type things in the this so-called old interface that we used to be able to do. Simple things like changing the name on a device.

OY! What a mess.

• NRR
    NRR Posts: 9
    edited October 22

I reviewed the video links provided by the Community Manager in an effort to better understand this new UI. Well guess what, the views shown in the videos are not what we get when installing the host. From step one, the videos are useless... sorry, fail.

I really don't appreciate being told it's a matter of "accepting change".. I work in IT and I know what it's like when we have to push out changes to our employees. But we take the time to:

TEST, TEST, TEST

DOCUMENT

TRAIN

After that we continue to provide additional support where needed. I put in a support ticket with TeamViewer because the host ID no longer shows in the email received to trust devices. We were told we were possibly hacked. Again, I work in IT and we run a tight ship. Anything is possible but right now I am certain THAT is not the case. Out ticket was supposed to be escalated but its been weeks and no one replies - disappointing customer service and application upgrade.

We may also be on the lookout for for an alternative when time to renew... 😒

• Evo7
    Evo7 Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I never ever needed to log into this community chat until now - merely to say I HATE THIS NEW VERSION.

I have 30 days till I renew my year and its not going to be happening at this rate..

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @NRR,

I reproduced the workflow on my test devices and could not see any mismatching information with the how-to videos.

Could you specify what exactly makes the video useless from step one? That would be a great help in identifying potential issues.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Reposs
    Reposs Posts: 7
    edited October 22

Hi

So i set up 'unattended Host Access' on my customers PC. I then put in our corporate licence log in email & password. Then the customer would appear on my pc in my list of devices. Is this correct ?

If so then surely if i am talking my customer through this process then i am giving them the log on details to our corporate account.

Also how would you categorize all these devices to make it quick & easy to offer support

thanks in advance

Alan

• J_W_K
    J_W_K Posts: 2
    edited October 22

I see that the old user interface will disappear in 7 months, at which point we will be forced to use the new interface. That is about the time my current contract with TeamViewer will be up for renewal. I will NOT be renewing. We have been a TeamViewer customer for over 10 years. Will be going to another product.

Typical idiocy of this new system, instructions say to send an email to the customer with a link for them to click on to join the session. A full 1/4 to 1/2 of all of our remote calls are because the customer's email system is not working, and they cannot receive emails. With the old system, they just double-click on the TeamViewer QS icon on their desktop, give me the ID and Password, and away we go. Why would they get rid of something that was so easy?

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @Reposs,

Thank you for your question.

You don't have to give your customers your login details.

If you want to set up unattended Host access on your customer's device, we recommend installing the Host via a QuickSupport session, as described in the video here:

After the installation, you'll be able to assign the device yourself (during the ongoing remote control session) to your account by following these steps:

You'll find the complete instructions here: Connect to a remote device (unattended access)

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• J_W_K
    J_W_K Posts: 2

I see that the old user interface will disappear in 7 months, at which point we will be forced to use the new interface. That is about the time my current contract with TeamViewer will be up for renewal. I will NOT be renewing. We have been a TeamViewer customer for over 10 years. Will be going to another product.

• All comments I found on this disaster are very negative

• RalawNetworkAdmin
    edited June 2023

Don’t be surprised if Microsoft start developing their own support software and selling it to Managements companies.

**Third Party Product** works pretty good, so far.

I’m no paying my next TV subscription and start getting my users just to **Third Party Product**.

This is probably the end for TV, at least on my yearly subscription.

Might be too late when they realized they are loosing too many customers.

• Reposs
    edited October 22

Hi Jean

Thanks for the quick response. We currently have all our users set up with id's & passwords. Will they stay the same. will we still be able to access them moving forwards or will we have to change them all ?

Also with new installation - will we have to set up with our corporate details. i just fear that when we talk to a complete pc literate they will struggle

alan

• Reposs
    edited October 22

Hi Jean

ALso 'instal host via quick support session' what if the end user does not have TV ? We would normally send the 'setup exe for Host & they would give us id & password. SIMPLES !

thanks

alan

• memphiz
    memphiz Posts: 14
    edited October 22

TeamViewer TEAM: Really user experience is terrible. It make us - administrators, unproffesional in front of our companies.

Three questions:

1. Whats the deal with connect button. (screens above)

The same Host client, 2 different computers in 2 different new created groups. In one case there is "prompt for confirmation" in the other there is lack of this option ????

2. How to start a chat with an and user without starting a session

3. Whats a reason behind don't letting us drag and drop computer object between groups. Clicking 1000 times to do this same job is not user friendly...

• JeanK
    edited October 22

@Reposs The Host is also reachable via ID and password in the new version. It's just hidden. You can access the Host's ID and password by clicking Connect with TeamViewer ID, as shown below.

The Host's purpose is to enable experts to connect directly to the end-user without them giving any ID or password, as described in the article I shared with you above. We recommend using the Host this way.

However, it is, as you said, possible to connect to a Host via ID and password. It is up to you to decide what fits best to your needs.

To your second question - when installing the Host via QuickSupport session, the end-user doesn't need to have TeamViewer installed. This is exactly the purpose of the QuickSupport - it's a simple application that doesn't require any installation that you can use to connect.

I hope this helps!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• TobiasKnauss
    TobiasKnauss Posts: 3
    edited October 22

I have just installed the latest Teamviewer version on a computer without internet connection. The old UI showed the local IP addresses if no connection was possible. The new, terrible UI just shows "Keine Verbindung" (en.: "no connection"). I did not expect an ID, but I expected to see the password so that I could connect via IP address.

I cannot even enable LAN connections, because without the UI, I cannot open the program settings. And, by the way, I don't even see a way to open the program settings window in the "old" teamviewer on my laptop after switching to the new UI (internet available and UI obviously looking as intended).

Who invented that terrible UI? Almost everything is missing!! I don't need "Meeting", "Augmented Reality", and "Weitere Lösungen" (other solutions). In fact, I have not been happy when TV was cluttered up with that. But I need easy to use remote control functionality, the chat, and the computers and contacts list. Where has that gone?

I totally agree to all previous comments. I have been using TeamViewer for over 10 years, privately and commercially, it has been a great software so far. I was going to suggest buying it at my new employer, but that's over. I am going to look for something else now if the old UI does not come back!

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @memphiz,

Answering the questions in the same order:

You are right. The Prompt for confirmation button should not be displayed for assigned Hosts. Our team is currently checking this.

Starting chats with remote devices is currently not possible with the new interface. However, you can chat with users you added as contacts via the chat functionality.

Regarding drag & drop devices, we have passed the feedback to our dedicated team. They are aware of this need and are evaluating how a solution can be found.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @TobiasKnauss,

You are correct - connecting without internet via LAN mode (IP address) is currently not possible with the new interface.

Regarding chat and the computers and contacts list, they have been moved to the top-right corner of the Home screen.

I hope this helped.

Cheers,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• TobiasKnauss
    TobiasKnauss Posts: 3
    edited October 22

@JeanK

thanks for your reply. Obviously, the UI only looks like in your screenshot if you have an account and are logged in. To me, it looks like that:

I will not accept that you can only use Teamviewer if you are logged in. And then, the new UI, which I finally see the first time in your screenshot, indeed is even more terrible than what I have seen up to now.

Goodbye. I am going to use something else now.

• memphiz
    memphiz Posts: 14
    edited October 22

Than you for clarifications @JeanK

You wrote:

"The Prompt for confirmation button should not be displayed for assigned Hosts. Our team is currently checking this."

Is there a chance that "prompt for confirmation" will remain for assigned host ?

It was most convenient way interact with the remote user. Sending prompt to users lets them prepare for remote session and close applications with sensitive data.