Why I lost the audio & chat option in my connections after last update?

Options

Since the last update, I have been experiencing an issue where the chat and audio connection option disappears when I connect to computers in my groups after turning on the new look. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Thank you.

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,087 Moderator β˜‘
    Answer βœ“
    Options

(@Dr_Mohamad_Ellabban , @AkaGarth , @BenTeamViewer, @Hoopyding , @eagleapk , @What_no_Sound)

Hello all ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Please note that on April 26th, 2023, we had a new announcement explaining the changes to functionalities available for personal use: TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign

We have also made some changes to our remote session features set:

- The Video Conferencing and collaboration functionality is no longer available to free users.

- The VPN functionality is no longer available to free users.

- During remote sessions, free users can no longer use VoIP, video, and chat.

- DuringΒ file transfer sessions, free users can transfer one file at a time.

I hope this information can help. πŸ€

We appreciate your support and feedback!

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• AkaGarth
    AkaGarth Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I am using the private version of TeamViewer.

somehow when I am connected to a remote computer, the chat & video options are missing from the "Communications" tab on the tool bar. Also, the TeamViewer panel that you can hide and unhide is missing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone able to resolve this?

• BenTeamViewer
    BenTeamViewer Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

same here. no audio chat available :(

• BenTeamViewer
    BenTeamViewer Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

same here

• AkaGarth
    Options

Does TV support monitor these community questions?

• Dr_Mohamad_Ellabban
    Dr_Mohamad_Ellabban Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Could be fixed at any time?

• AkaGarth
    Options

Im having the same issue. Has support made any comments about how to resolve this?

• Hoopyding
    Hoopyding Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Yes. I experienced it. I have sent messages that I am unhappy with this. This is a real fumble for TeamViewer, who seem to be eager to separate supported from unsupported customers. Although they STILL insist in their posts that the free version is fine for family or friends, by their actions they are showing that reality is different.

I have no idea if anyone will actually see this. But this latest update, which is automatic, will leave many thousands of people in the lurch without any real support at all. Perhaps this is just a strategy to cull the free users. Watch the reviews. If Teamviewer doesn't take care of this quickly, they will plummet from being at the top of the recommended "free" list.

In my case, my son is disabled and often needs support. I need the chat option. NOT the whiteboard option.

• What_no_Sound
    What_no_Sound Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, The video and audio option is gone.

I have to use Facebook messenger along with TeamViewer to replace those missing options.

Please fix this problem.

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer βœ“
    Options

(@Dr_Mohamad_Ellabban , @AkaGarth , @BenTeamViewer, @Hoopyding , @eagleapk , @What_no_Sound)

Hello all ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Please note that on April 26th, 2023, we had a new announcement explaining the changes to functionalities available for personal use: TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign

We have also made some changes to our remote session features set:

- The Video Conferencing and collaboration functionality is no longer available to free users.

- The VPN functionality is no longer available to free users.

- During remote sessions, free users can no longer use VoIP, video, and chat.

- DuringΒ file transfer sessions, free users can transfer one file at a time.

I hope this information can help. πŸ€

We appreciate your support and feedback!

Best, Carol

• Hoopyding
    edited May 2023
    Options

What a pile of garbage! /JeanK, Community Manager, and Carol, Portuguese Community Moderator, say these changes are "to serve our free users better". My principal sessions are the very type of sessions that TeamViewer says are appropriate for the "free version" ALL OVER THE WEBSITE. My son is deaf. An immediate chat option is essential for him. Now, with this garbage change, I have to ADD a different chat option so I can actually take care of basic issues with him.

This is absolutely nothing but a cash grab, forcing the "free users" to pay for the version that TeamViewer keeps saying they are entitled to. You KNOW this is true, yet you engage in double-speak, as though you are doing us a favor. What a nasty way to treat the users you keep on entrenching in all of your propaganda!

What's more, you don;t have the honesty and class to respond to users IN APP who raise these concerns, presumably because they don't start mattering until they pay for the app. And then you cite some document as though it is a satisfactory bit of Customer Support.

As I said before, this is a huge fumble for TeamViewer.

• Hoopyding
    Options

If you look at the new interface, it is painfully obvious that you have removed that chat for one purpose only: To drive "free users" to the paid versions of TeamViewer. All you have done is disabled menu items, which probably could be re-enabled through registry hacks. You haven't made it any better for the free users at all. So you should really re-think your misinformation campaign, stop trying to make it look as though you have something for everyone, and stop suggesting you have a properly functional "free version".

What's more, you start by saying "We are excited to announce that we have listened to your feedback and made changes to our free version accordingly." I am positive there is not a single free user that has suggested you drop the chat function. In fact, your bullet list of things that are no longer available has zero to do with "listening to our feedback".

Absolute nonsense.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hello @Hoopyding ,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and we're sorry to hear that the redesign changes are impacting your family.

We understand your frustration for not being able to use the chat functionality anymore to help your son.

Please know that we forwarded your words internally to the designated team.

Despite not being able to guarantee that the chat functionality will be available again for free use, we guarantee that your voice and discontent with the changes will be heard.

We apologize for any inconvenience the TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign may have caused you and your family.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else, or if you have any further concerns.

We thank you for your understanding.

Best, Carol

• Hoopyding
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's not only that the redesign has "caused inconvenience". It's that it's patently dishonest. And lest you try to tell me that I am going against some community standards by raising my fist this way, let me quote you, again:

We are excited to announce that we have listened to your feedback and made changes to our free version accordingly."

I challenge you to show me ONE PERSON who has asked for the removal of chat. You will not find that person. And that is also true for the other features.

I posted in two places to make sure I was heard. You certainly don't project a very clear message that people are being heard, so they have to resort to whatever means they have to make sure they are heard. You then sent me an official warning, which was a bit of a heavy-handed response. Instead of that approach, perhaps you would make it a bit more clear to people where the appropriate messaging should take place.

It is obvious that the redesign has taken place to discourage people from using the "free version" by hobbling basic aspects of its use. And all the while your page keeps on saying that free is fine for family and friends. So we should expect to give family and friends half-baked support? That's pretty insulting to the relationship one has with family and friends.

Unfortunately, what this is going to do is that you will drive those who would recommend the paid upgrades to businesses and so on to other platforms with better value for the rate of subscrition. I mean, really, you don't even give a competitive entry-level starting rate. In order to gain the chat function, I have to pay a minimum of [removed per Community Guidelines]Β for a year. Can you not see how insane that is? That is the FLOOR.

Yet we are supposed to be excited that you have listened to our feedback? What nonsense!

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Options

Wow, after two honest and open comments from me (and maybe other influences), you deleted the "community announcement"???

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @bazbsg

Thanks for your feedback!

We can confirm that we are experiencing a technical issue where the announcement seems to have disappeared from our Forum.

An investigation is underway, and we hope to have the announcement back live in the forum as quickly as possible, including all contained conversations and comments.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• christst
    christst Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

New interface and update is garbage. Thank god for **Third Party Product**. Enough said.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @christst,

We appreciate your feedback and we're sorry to hear about your experience with the new interface.

Please know that it's possible to switch back to the TeamViewer Classic interface by clicking the button New version on the top right of TeamViewer Remote. If you don't see the button, please follow the steps below:

1. Open TeamViewer Remote and sign in with your account.
    2. Click the gear icon (βš™) ➜ Go to this device's settings.
    3. In the General tab, you will have the option Use new TeamViewer interface ➜ uncheck this option, and restart the TeamViewer services so that the TeamViewer Classic interface can load.

I hope this helps! πŸ€

Best, Carol

• ZGralewski
    ZGralewski Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

What about chatting to remove workstations for corporate users? I can't find that option and it is available in "old" version. Being able to start chat with our customers through their Teamviewer Client was crutial for us.

Best, Zbigniew.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @ZGralewski ,

Thanks for your feedback about the chat for corporate users.

At the moment, the TeamViewer Remote interface allows chat between accounts listed in your computer and contact list after both sides are logged in. Chat between devices, or chat when the remote side isn't logged in are currently having issues. Our development team is aware of it and they are working to get it resolved.

For a case like this, it's advised at the moment to have both sides using the TeamViewer Classic interface.

We're sorry for any inconvenience the chat issues have caused you on the new interface.

Please let us know if we can help you any further.

Best, Carol

• Edsnowden23
    Edsnowden23 Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

What a joke this company has become ?

Removing the video and audio control for 'FREE' users ????

Purely to 'make more money' is what I see.

The subscription prices for 'personal' use are absolutely laughable.

You can't even have access for one month ONLY !!!!!

I , for one will NEVER use Teamviewer again.

Not only lost a possible monthly subscriber, but also lost a customer FOREVER !!!

Thanks for the 5 years of use but ....GOODBYE.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @Edsnowden23 ,

Welcome to our Community, and we're sorry to hear that you're no longer using TeamViewer.

We appreciate the time you took to post your feedback regarding the announcement: TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version Redesign

If you ever change your mind, we would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have about the software. πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

If you're interested in acquiring a license, we advise talking with our sales team directly to check which plan better fits your needs.

Please let me know if we can help you any further.

Have a great day! 🌷

Best Carol

• johnjang
    johnjang Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

The same problem applies to me. Has support offered any suggestions about how to fix this?

• EjustE
    EjustE Posts: 1 ✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

You have had a free version for years and years, now all the sudden you disable features that cost you more money to change and wont improve your business or commercial product in anyway. Take it from smart business practices, you don't have to make every change some bean counter **bleep** suggests . Financial advisors and MBAs no nothing about business or how business is impacted. I am a engineer I deal with those **bleep** every day and if you actual think for you self you will discover they are **bleep**. In conclusion failed business practice, bad decisions, found out who is responsible and fire there **bleep**

• DSI_IT_Support
    DSI_IT_Support Posts: 1 ✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

The "free" version always caused problems - because it started to time out, just when you really needed it.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• francwalter
    francwalter Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Is it possible to use Chat and VPN again with an earlier version or can they just disable features regardless of which version you run?

I had a similar behaviour on another product, where since version later than 7.0.x the Alias and WOL didnt work anymore, two features I use a lot. Here I could just go back (on my and all my family devices too) to v7.0.14 (Update disabled) and I can still use both features.

How is it with TeamViewer? On April 26th 2023 they launched 15.41.7 but what is with 15.40.9? Does that version still have Chat and VPN in free version?

They update and update and implement more and more "features" the most of them are just of no use for me. The major updates (e.g. from 14 to 15) are anyway just to sell new licenses, I guess. At least it was like that, when a license was bought for the version and not as a subscription. Good old days :)

The main features I liked are:

• Remote control (main thing)
    • Stable and reliable connection (TeamViewer was good with that)
    • Chat (could have been nice, but was always too small, the users often didnt answer then)
    • Disable remote input (since long no longer free), important for remote control of my mums PC ;)
    • Switch Monitors (a basic function)
    • File Transfer (was not that important for me though)

I used TV quite often, I even have an AHK Script to auto close the Nag Screen ;) but since a while, they have more of them, which I cannot close.

Thanks.frank

EDIT (some later): no, Chat is still not working with 15.40.9, at least not in a usable way.

• tarapwah1
    tarapwah1 Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

whether it's possible to regain access to the Chat and VPN features by reverting to an earlier version of TeamViewer or if feature disabling is version-independent. They share a similar experience with another product where specific features stopped working in later versions, but they could resolve it by returning to an earlier version.

They mention TeamViewer's recent update to version 15.41.7 and inquire about version 15.40.9 to see if Chat and VPN are still available in the free version. The author expresses frustration with constant updates that introduce mostly unnecessary features. They feel major updates are primarily aimed at selling new licenses, a departure from the past when licenses were associated with a specific version. They list the main features they value, such as remote control, stable connections, chat, disabling remote input (now a paid feature), switching monitors, and file transfer, sharing their use of AutoHotkey scripts to manage nag screens.