Switch Sides No Longer Works

John_K412
John_K412 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in TeamViewer Tensor

I have a few of our technicians that indicate that the "Switch Sides" feature no longer works for them. This is strictly Windows clients and using Tensor Basic licensing.

I see no indication of what Roles/Permissions/etc need to be set to do this. One of the technicians is able to switch sides with another tech, but for our main users this is incredibly inconsistent. I don't see any differences between accounts that would indicate a problem.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,094 Senior Moderator
    edited May 2023

Hi @John_K412,

We're happy to welcome you to our Community! 🙌

There is a possibility with TeamViewer to not allow switching sides only for incoming connections.

As you can see below, you can set up a TeamViewer policy to deny the switch side feature:

⚠ This is specific to the policy Access control (incoming connections) sets up with Custom settings.

Could you please check internally if this policy had been applied to some of your team's devices?

You can check it directly in the TeamViewer options of each Windows clients as shown below:

📌Note: If you set up Full Access for Access Control, then the switch side feature is allowed by default.

If you need further assistance, please come back to us! 🙂

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• John_K412
    John_K412 Posts: 2

I checked and confirmed that the policy is set to allow switch sides. We really only have a few policies, so I don't see why this wouldn't work.

We're also using managed groups if that changes anything