New Version - NOT a Fan

• Duplicated all groups with secondary groups of same name saying devices require an update for full functionality. Go thru the process to auto-update, and it will not get all devices. Go to each machine manually and check for update...says it's already up to date. As expected since I have them set to auto-update. So...annoying and broken.
  • Lot of devices now show up as bookmarked "and therefore has reduced functionality". Prompts me to login to management. No options or instruction on how to remove bookmarked devices. There is instruction on how to add it though. So...annoying and broken.
  • Advanced Settings, Offline devices in separate group. Nope...all online and offline devices showing up in both duplicated groups. So...annoying and broken.
  • I do like the cleaner looking UI. If only everything worked and was manageable it would be great.
  • For now, REGEDIT and set \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer\UIVersion to 2 for the original UI. At the very least, that cleans up all the duplicated devices and folders and brings it back to a little normalcy.
Tagged:

Comments

• HRMService
    HRMService Posts: 4

Any ideas on how to remove all the bookmarked computers and keep the new ones so we get full capabilities?

• Nathan_PWD
    Nathan_PWD Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

I agree. I can't even setup a simple TeamViewer Host access point correctly anymore. This is literally causing my company incredible pain right now. TeamViewer missed the mark big time with this latest release. New features are always nice to have, but not at the expense of functionality. I think I am going to head back to **Third Party Product**.

• YaronS
    YaronS Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

This is so disappointing. Teamviewer have missed greatly this time.

Already reverted to old UI, and as they request feedback I clearly said that if this is their direction, it may very well be that mine will be **Third Party Product**.... (Already paying **Third Party Product** as well, so not too long before I cancel my Teamviewer one...)

Have been with Teamviewer for about 15 years... why is it always that at some point good products turn south???

• Worst update ever in a working software!!!!!

• jlazore
    jlazore Posts: 2

I agree. This is really bad. Us IT people can't even manage to navigate this new version. Makes no sense at all.

• Ndallas75002
    Ndallas75002 Posts: 1
    edited June 2023

I agree with all the above contents! Online instruction is far from what is needed to understand what must be done. I'm not sure that I"ll be able to take care of my computer updates next week. Who the **bleep** did the Quality Assurance testing of this new change? SAD!!!🤬

• RSHBM
    RSHBM Posts: 2

I totally agree, this is really bad! We have been working for some years with slightly less than 100 Tensor licences without any problems. But now it's just too confusing, both for the users and the support staff and it simply needs too much IT department ressources, without any real benefit.

• RC_SAV2023
    RC_SAV2023 Posts: 1
    edited July 2023

Totally agree with the above, what a **bleep** this new roll out is!

• "This device is bookmarked and has reduced functionality". What reduced functionality? I clicked on "Learn more." and there is nothing there about it.

As others have said here, this is not an improvement on the old user interface. Now going back to the old UI.

• 'The new, upgraded Device Management is designed to provide you with a better, intuitive experience and make it easier for you to manage your devices.'

LOL!

• tgtis
    tgtis Posts: 4

I agree, the new version does not appear to be well tested. I had about a hundred remote connections setup. With the new version, most of them are not online anymore. This is a disaster for unattended access.

• @tgtis I think I figured it out. You have to install TeamViewerHost now on all those computers to be able to do unattended access. It's a huge mess. I wish you luck.

• bk9876
    bk9876 Posts: 3

I agree with the above; the duplication has created alot of confusion. I am not sure what they were trying to achieve that caused it to be created. Yes, big mess for customers as a result of poor testing protocols at TV.