Can't connect to remote

CptnBlues63
CptnBlues63 Posts: 9
edited May 2023 in General questions

I'm using TV at home. I connect from my home PC (with 27" monitors) to my work laptop (for obvious reasons I would think). I have it setup for remote control and have been using it like this for a couple years now.

Today I was required to create an account in order to connect so I did. I then ensured both sides of the connection were signed in. When I click on "connect" I get a password request

there is no password on the other side. It shows the session ID. But under that ID where it says "Password" all there is is a dash (hyphen -).

It worked flawlessly for years and now as of creating this account, it's not working.

What's going on? How do I make this work?

TIA

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,232 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @CptnBlues63 ,

Thanks for checking this on your local side too!

So... The configuration you have seems all correct, but because it's not working, we will need to try a feel different things to troubleshoot it.

My first advice is to try to remove the account assignment from the remote side (the computer you're trying to connect to) and re-do it.

TeamViewer Classic interface:

1. Click the gear icon (⚙) on the top right
    2. Select the General tab
    3. On the Account assignment, click the button to Remove the account assignment, and then click the Assign to account... to reconfigure it.
    4. We also encourage you to select Manage this device, so the device will automatically show up in your contact list. 😉
    5. Click OK to save

Let us know if it fixes the issue. 🍀

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Best, Carol 😀

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @CptnBlues63 ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

By the description you provided, it sounds like the One-Time password has been activated on the partner side.

Could you please double-check if it's the case?

If not, please let us know, so we can help you further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• CptnBlues63
    CptnBlues63 Posts: 9
    edited May 2023

Thanks for the response.

I checked to see if it was asking for a temporary password. Here's there result (this from target PC):

I was forced to create a user account and once I did that, I signed in on both sides of my connection and clicked "connect" from the intiating PC and got prompted for a password.

I will paste a screenshot of the TV window from both PC's involved below.

Computer I'm trying to connect FROM:

Computer I'm trying to connect TO:

You can see I set it up for "easy access" too on the target from the intiating computer. Up until today when I had to create that account all I ever had to do was click "Connect" on the intiating computer and it connected.

Now I'm getting prompted for a password as per the screenshot in my original post.

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @CptnBlues63 ,

Thanks for the detailed information!

On the computer you're trying to connect to:

Let's verify the settings on the advanced options.

1. Please click on the gear icon (⚙) on the top right
    2. Go to the Advanced tab and click Show advanced options
    3. Scroll down a bit and you will see the field Advanced settings for connections to this computer.
    4. Make sure the Access Control is set to Full Access (so you can remote connect using easy access), and double-check if the Random password after each session is set to Deactivate (if this is the case, this is the reason the password is displaying as a dash -, you can change it to whatever other option you prefer and click OK to save.)

Let us know how it goes, and if you need any further help! 🍀

Best, Carol

• I did as you suggested and deactivated the random password. It's still not letting me in. I get prompted for a password again.

• FWIW, I even shut TV down on both PC's and restarted it and still no joy :(

• .Carol.fg.

Hi @CptnBlues63 ,

Thanks for checking the information on your partner device. 🌷

On your local device (the computer you're trying to connect from) please check on the advanced settings if you also have it set to Full Access:

1. Please click on the gear icon (⚙) on the top right
    2. Go to the Advanced tab and click Show advanced options
    3. Scroll down a bit and you will see the field Advanced settings for connections to other computers.
    4. Make sure the Access Control is set to Full Access

Let us know if it fixes the issue, or if further help is needed. 🍀

Best, Carol

• Ok I checked and it's set like that already:

Thanks for all your help so far!

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓

Hi @CptnBlues63 ,

Thanks for checking this on your local side too!

So... The configuration you have seems all correct, but because it's not working, we will need to try a feel different things to troubleshoot it.

My first advice is to try to remove the account assignment from the remote side (the computer you're trying to connect to) and re-do it.

TeamViewer Classic interface:

1. Click the gear icon (⚙) on the top right
    2. Select the General tab
    3. On the Account assignment, click the button to Remove the account assignment, and then click the Assign to account... to reconfigure it.
    4. We also encourage you to select Manage this device, so the device will automatically show up in your contact list. 😉
    5. Click OK to save

Let us know if it fixes the issue. 🍀

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Best, Carol 😀

• That did the trick!

Thank you ever so much. Now I can sit in my comfy desk chair and use 27" monitor instead of the teeny little laptop monitor!

:)

• .Carol.fg.

Yeayyy! 🙌💯✨🎉

@CptnBlues63 thanks for sharing with us that this step did the trick!

Please don't hesitate to ask our Community again whenever needed.

Have a wonderful and comfortable day! 😊

Best, Carol 🌷