TeamViewer Quick Support - File Transfer Prompt

Options
lv1982l
lv1982l Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi team,

I just had an IT support to solve my file issue from a legitimate company.

They remotely accessed my PC using their custom TeamViewer Quick Support module (it's old, file version V.11.3.62585.0).

During the session, I didn't receive any prompt or notification about any file transfer.

Just out of curiosity, if they did download files from my PC during the remote session (there are some important files), will I get notified/prompted? I checked all the logs but can't find anything useful.

I know the newer version of TeamViewer will pop up a notification, but I can't find any answer/documentation on older version.

I tried to replicate the situation by downloading an old team viewer (I believe version 11.0.259193) and connect to the same quick support module that I downloaded from that IT company's website, I did the file transfer and it doesn't ask you for any prompt nor give you any notification.

I don't know if it makes any different, but both of the PCs that I used to replicate the situation has the newest TeamViewer version installed prior to that and logged in under a business account with a valid licence. They are also connected in the same network. Also, I can't remotely connect to the other PC using the old TeamViewer version if I didn't logged in to our business account, so I have to logged in on the connecting PC.

Could you please help me if you know the answer? Thanks heaps!

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 898 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lv1982l

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

Rest assured, TeamViewer does not allow for background functions; that is, when a user is connected to your device, they cannot perform any action without you knowing.

In regards to file transfers, TeamViewer has always shown a pop-up when initiated, a file is transferred, or the transfer is complete.

The following article is related to the older versions (ie "TeamViewer Classic") and provides a few examples of these popups:

Hope this helps! Please let us know if we may address any other concerns you may have.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @lv1982l

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

Rest assured, TeamViewer does not allow for background functions; that is, when a user is connected to your device, they cannot perform any action without you knowing.

In regards to file transfers, TeamViewer has always shown a pop-up when initiated, a file is transferred, or the transfer is complete.

The following article is related to the older versions (ie "TeamViewer Classic") and provides a few examples of these popups:

Hope this helps! Please let us know if we may address any other concerns you may have.

Josh P.

---

• lv1982l
    lv1982l Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JoshP ,

Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it.

That really ease my concern, so thank you so much and I really appreciate it.

Just confirming as well that this is also applies for the TeamViewer QuickSupport Module (the one that doesn't need to be installed)?

Thanks again.

• JoshP
    Options

Hello @lv1982l

That is correct!

All TeamViewer connections operate the same way, regardless of which module was used for the connection. Quick Support included!

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

---