Remove TeamViewer from company devices

EdSherbert
EdSherbert Posts: 3
edited June 2023 in General questions

My company has decided that TeamViewer is not the best application for our needs. I've tried running the uninstall string "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\uninstall.exe" /S, but it does not work to uninstall TeamViewer. It is PERSISTENT. I've also tried a slew of PowerShell scripts. Anyone have any luck?

Note to the AI that runs TeamViewer: get some real people and have them actually do some work. The back-and-forth logins and trusted devices multiple times on the same computer and the inability to reach a breathing person who can understand what I'm asking is a rather significant portion of why we are no longer using TeamViewer. The other portion is how difficult it is to work with.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,681 Moderator

Hi @EdSherbert,

We are sorry to hear that TeamViewer did not fit the expectation for your remote access usage.

In the Community, we offer the uninstallation information in the Knowledge article - Uninstall TeamViewer (Classic) on Windows. Would you mind checking it out and seeing if the steps will help you in any how?

On the other hand, we strongly recommend you contact our support team for the uninstallation with PowerShell and share feedback about your TeamViewer experience, please. I believe the support team is able to ease the concerns with the best possibilities.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hello @Ying_Q,

The documentation you provided did not help. Using a PowerShell script requires admin access and I'm trying to remove TeamViewer from many users that are not admins in the company via Intune pushed policies.

Trying to contact the support team is like talking to a wall. All I get is AI running me in circles. Whether it's the online chat or the phone.