Trying to clean up TV, need to find device no one knows where it is

We found a device in Management that has an alias attached to it, but we do not know the password. This device was set up before we implemented the Unattended access and as such has the old host installed. It seems I cannot manage it in any way. What I am trying to find out is if there is a way I can "see" the IP of the device somehow and that might lead me to using a different method to remote to it and get everything up to date

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,154 Senior Moderator

Hi @Me76,

Congrats on your first post on our Community! 🙌

Could you please tell us on which tab exactly you found this device? Was it on the Device Management tab from the Management Console?

Also, there is no possibility to check the IP of a device. If this device has been saved before implementing unattended access, it can be that one of your team members connected to it with a password (random or personal).

Is the TeamViewer ID of the device known internally by any chance? Has it been saved manually in any groups?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• Me76
    Me76 Posts: 2

We don't have device management set up YET. I am assuming if it were, this would be a moot point. When we initially set things up, it was a quick and dirty deployment due to COVID, so we had a generic PW set in place and restricted access visually by group creation. I have been in the process of cleaning it all up. Currently, when a new device is deployed, the host is installed. It is set to collect the device system name (we give it a unique alias after deployment and record the device name in the details) and set unattended access. This device in question was deployed in the old manner, and the device name was not recorded anywhere. The PW that's set is not the one we have recorded. Since the device name is incorrect, we cannot find it anywhere on the network, BUT we see it powered up daily in TeamViewer. We are trying to track down the rogue device to get it re-provisioned and put to use or retired.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,154 Senior Moderator

Hi @Me76,

Thank you for your update!

Did you succeed in tracking down this device?

In this situation, we cannot help you further but we hope that you could manage to have more information about it.

If you need any assistance or have further questions, let us know!

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator