Remote Control won't connect

Options

I have been using my phone to control my PC for a year now and it has been working great, now all of a sudden, my phone will not connect using the same process I have been using. I tried restarting all my devices, but the problem persists.

I don't know what changed, or why what I have been doing all this time no longer works.

Help!

Tagged:

Answers

• tscocozza
    tscocozza Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue here. I was able to get a brief connection yesterday, but after that, nothing is connecting. I restarted my wifi router and computers with no avail. I do not believe it has anything to do with users. I read that they were having a scheduled maintenance from 7/29/23-7-30/23, but it shows "The scheduled maintenance has been completed." It seems to have happened right after they added a new nag screen to advertise some new features? I'm lost and frustrated...

• PH2345
    PH2345 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Mine has not been working since 2 days ago. I get numerous errors saying too many connections (when there are none connected). failure to authenticate (which I have never seen before), Router is not connected (Not true), etc...

• PH2345
    PH2345 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I get numerous and random connection errors when attempting to connect to any computer. Says I have too many connections and there are no active connections. Sometimes says failure to authenticate computer (which I have no idea what that means or have never seen before). I also get Not connected to the Router, which is also not true as I am trying to connect to a computer upstairs in the same house which has full connectivity as the computer I am using to connect. Also get migration required, and then when you go to Migrate Devices, none of the devices require migration. Also, every time I log into TeamViewer.com I need to trust the device over and over and over again on every login. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! Also says whatever updates on team viewer end were completed.

• Alex001
    Alex001 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello. I'm new to the forum, but I got exactly the same issues with my TeamViewer. I used before older version of the TeamViewer and never had any problem. After when upgraded to the newest version (it was required from TeamViewer ) and change to the new user interface start to have issue with connection to the remote PC and getting the same error messages about not connected to the router. Both PC was ready to connect with green light, but when press connect nothing happened . Have to wait 20-30 minutes for the new attempt to connection.

It's very frustrated when you can't connect to my elderly parents PC when they need help .

The IT TeamViewer department has to do something to fix the issues.

• Walt_in_ca
    Walt_in_ca Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have a paid account. When I try to connect to another computer I am getting this error. I can occasionally connect to one of my computers but it’s intermittent.

I am also getting “partner did not connect to the router”. Error code WaitForConnectFailed

I have tried while signed in and while not signed in.

my account is paid up.

• GATECH1
    GATECH1 Posts: 1
    Options

I've been having the same issue starting before maintenance yesterday and continuing into today.

I'm also commonly seeing:

"Connection not established. Authentication cancelled. "

If I re attempt connecting several times, it usually lets me into the remote machine eventually.

I also have a paid license and software up to date on both ends.

• cookiesnaps600
    cookiesnaps600 Posts: 1
    Options

same problem last few days; cant connect grandparents computer from android or windows get "login cancelled" or "error: no connection to partner! partner did not connet to router. error code: waitforconnect failed" msgs

• ravisingh
    ravisingh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, need help with remote pc connection error "Connection not established, authentication cancelled" Getting same error on every single PC even if trying from remote end or client end.

Tried reinstalling TeamViewer remote/host application, re-logging account, checked Firewall policy everything is fine, even though things were working fine for last 4 months till last one week, facing this issue since last one week only at all our locations.

Please help.

• edwardSOR
    edwardSOR Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, is there any fix on this? i am having the same issue currently.

• rfdnga
    rfdnga Posts: 1
    Options

I am having the same issue it will say not connected to router but I am in the same building and I can go to that pc and it is online what is going on TV a wonderful program is going down the tubes? I don't have time to relearn a program that I have been using to satisfy the wants of the software if its not broken why are you trying to fix it?

I don't need a RMM program I need what teamviewer has always provided in the past