How do I use Design and Deploy Modules with the New Interface

I generally install the host using a custom link I setup, and run it on the computer and it gives me access to the PC.

However, ever since the new interface has been released, I need to then open the management page, and run through the migration process on the new computers before I can connect to them properly

How can I avoid this step? It seems redundant, and it's causing all kinds of chaos with adding computers to TeamViewer

Thanks

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 904 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts.

Please know that the TeamViewer Community is mostly user-driven, meaning that many answers here come from users like yourselves. For more immediate answers as licensed users, we recommend contacting our support teams directly via local phone numbers or by submitting a ticket.

That being said, we do also try our best to answer any questions we can as moderators of the TeamViewer Community!

Regarding your issues, I have one question; are you utilizing custom modules from the Management Console or from TeamViewer Remote?

Custom modules from the Management Console still appear in the older format; to resolve your issue, I would recommend utilizing the Custom Modules options found in Admin Settings within the TeamViewer Remote app itself.

This should alleviate any migration issues and allow you to set up access more easily. I've also included a direct link to an article with more information on this process:

📄 Host and Custom Host

I hope this helps! Should you encounter any other issues or have any clarifications that may further assist, feel free to reply!

Have a great weekend 🌴

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• Jonr
    Jonr Posts: 4

same here new interface has me puzzled

• I'm glad we pay all this money and no one can help with a simple question.... or worse, there's nowhere for me to get a simple answer.

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

Thanks for your posts.

Please know that the TeamViewer Community is mostly user-driven, meaning that many answers here come from users like yourselves. For more immediate answers as licensed users, we recommend contacting our support teams directly via local phone numbers or by submitting a ticket.

That being said, we do also try our best to answer any questions we can as moderators of the TeamViewer Community!

Regarding your issues, I have one question; are you utilizing custom modules from the Management Console or from TeamViewer Remote?

Custom modules from the Management Console still appear in the older format; to resolve your issue, I would recommend utilizing the Custom Modules options found in Admin Settings within the TeamViewer Remote app itself.

This should alleviate any migration issues and allow you to set up access more easily. I've also included a direct link to an article with more information on this process:

📄 Host and Custom Host

I hope this helps! Should you encounter any other issues or have any clarifications that may further assist, feel free to reply!

Have a great weekend 🌴

Josh P.

---

• Firstly, thanks for the reply and the tip. I will definitely try that immediately .

The software always kicks out to the management console so I assumed it would do the same for everything else, stupidly, so I never tried it. I will.

Secondly, I just wanted to mention that I did send an email once, but I can’t remember if it was a ticket or just to my rep. I’ll bookmark this reply next time I need to open a ticket.

• JoshP

Thanks for the clarifications @ZeroPing!

Please definitely let us know if you encounter any issues in trying this method. And I am happy to forward the feedback regarding the confusion with the app still redirecting in places to the Management Console.

Take care!

Josh P.

---