Copy and paste issue from chat

Options

How to copy and paste from chat that isn't anymore selectable in the new version?

Answers

• Cachavo
    Cachavo Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem! In my opinion this needs to be fixed ASAP, it should be quite easy to do.

• adellepiane
    Options

+1

• BraveTea
    BraveTea Posts: 1
    Options

I have this question as well.

Not being able to copy text from the in-session chat makes it difficult to log in-session communications. An export file would also be very acceptable

• Amateur
    Amateur Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Has any TeamViewer official had the time to comment on this one?

It is unfortunately just another brick in a line of "make TeamViewer more shiny and less functional" :-(

Who in their right might would move the chat into a side panel, where it steals LOTS of space from the main window...? For example, I am using a Leovo notebook (15" or 17" screen, I guess) with Windows. When I connect to someone with a 24" screen, I can manage to read details on the remote screen. But when I turn on the chat, then things become much smaller and quite hard to read.

To TeamViewer: Pls make restore the old functionality. The chat sidepanel may have advantages somewhere, but for Windows make it at least configurable (floating / docked).

And it goes without saying that you really ought to fix the copy & paste bug ASAP.

• gameshowcrew
    gameshowcrew Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

We communicate (using the chat) a lot with people speaking other languages and not having copy/paste in chat is a big pain at the moment because we can no longer use Google Translate to translate messages. Please fix asap! Very annoying. This is basic functionality that just should be there.

• ThinkIt
    ThinkIt Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

+1 - we always had this function, important to copy text from the chat window.

Also another bug I am noticing, probably unrelated, I can type a message in the chat box and when I press Enter, the TV programs closes/restarts which includes all current sessions. v15.50.5, old interface

• EzequielBomfim
    EzequielBomfim Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have this bug too, in all computers of enterprise. we need a solution.

• namos23
    namos23 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Agreed! Text can only be copied from the remote computer's screen, not from the host screen - very inconvenient

Also, an option to move the text box location would be nice. The default is the lower right corner, which is the same place that Windows notifications appear by default, so it's quite annoying to have those popping up in the middle of typing messages

• Stgagnon
    Stgagnon Posts: 1
    Options

Agreed to all.

On mine, chat doesn't stay scrolled to the bottom of the conversation.

Every time the other person types something, my chat pane scrolls back to the top!?!?!

And no way to save the chat anymore.

Close to unusable.

TeamViewer: please fix this. More than one of my clients is planning to *not renew* their license because of these terrible changes you have made to the program.

• namos23
    namos23 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

My chats constantly scroll back up to the top automatically also - very annoying