Why Cant I Activate my License? Company Setup?

Options
tevoy
tevoy Posts: 1

I just purchased a new Remote Access license and when i try to activate it i get the following error:

"Sorry, the license couldn't be activated. Account has existing company configuration, which is incompatible with this license. Please use an account without a company setup."

Can I not remove my Company Setup? whatever that means....

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hello @tevoy ,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for reaching out to us!

Is the TeamViewer account you're using for the activation a new account, or has this account been previously linked with another license?

• If the account was previously linked with another license, you may need to contact the previous company administrator to release your account from their Company Profile.
    • If your account is new, please make sure that you created it directly with TeamViewer instead of registering with Google/Microsoft social accounts. Currently, Google and Microsoft accounts are only compatible for personal use. If you purchased a license, please activate it on a standard TeamViewer account which is linked to an email address.

More details about how to activate your Remote Access license can be found in the article below:

📄 Activate and set up your Remote Access license

I'm looking forward to your reply! 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator