How do I reset to a free use account after using a free 14-day commercial license?

Options
micjgam
micjgam Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 8 in Licensing

I purchased a 14-day trial after my free account was flagged for commercial use (I was not using it commercially), as I was in the middle of remote work and did not have time to request a reset of the flag. I purchased the 14-day trial with the intent to have the flags reset at a later date (which I did have them reset). However, now when I log in, I cannot access my comps remotely as I am being told to purchase a license after the 14-day expiration.

In short, I am in limbo now between a non-commercial free use and a expired commercial license and need to get back to the free use.

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hi @micjgam,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for reaching out to us!

• If you just activated and used the 14-day trial, once the trial finishes, in order to use that feature again it's necessary to purchase a license.
    • If you purchase a subscription, please know that all cancellations must be made via ticket. You can find all the details in the article: 📄 All about subscription

👉 TeamViewer for personal use is free, but the free version doesn't offer all the features as a subscription. You can check the list of features here.

Let us know if we can help clarify any additional questions.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• micjgam
    micjgam Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your response Carol. The issue is probably a bug. I let the trial expire and I did not need the corporate account. My account status shows 'corporate' and I cannot acces any remote comp until I purchase a license. This is not what I need or want though. I need to have the status reset to 'free'.

I am currently on chat support and they have reset the status of my account to 'free'. However, I cannot access any of my remote comps due to a connection error being refused due to expired trial license. I have logged out and exited the UI app on two devices and still cannot access the remote comp due to the above stated error.

I will keep the forum informed as I work through the issue with support. I would be helpful to others who might find themselves in this rare situation.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator
    Options

Hi @micjgam,

Thanks a lot for the additional information and for sharing it with us!

After the support team reset your status, have you restarted the TeamViewer services? If not, could you give it a try?

Also, make sure to be logged in with your account - TeamViewer requires an account to start a remote session - and you may double-check if your TeamViewer is updated.

Let us know how it goes, and if we can help you any further.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator