Any suggestions what to do if your TFA device/recovery password is gone - current page is dead link?

As question says I lost my TFA device/recovery code, when I click "I need help" I get directed to this link: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/categories/183 which is a dead page with "Knowledge category not found"

To make it worse, when you call the helpline, it directs you this community which you can't post in without an accout.

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,094 Senior Moderator

Hi @marcosull,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙌

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to mention the dead link on our page. We have already forwarded the issue internally, to the dedicated team 🙂

As you already called the helpline and have been redirected to the Community, I would guess you're a private user.

In that case, you can request the deletion of your TeamViewer account by writing an email to privacy@teamviewer.com.

As soon as the account is deleted by our dedicated team, you will be able to create the TeamViewer with this same email address.

📌 Please understand that MFA can not be deactivated by TeamViewer, and losing your recovery key will result in losing access to your TeamViewer account. Additionally, the TeamViewer Community uses the same TeamViewer account as you would use to log in to the Management Console or the TeamViewer application. Therefore, it affects all logins including TeamViewer Community.

💡 If you are planning to enable MFA on your TeamViewer account again, we advise all users who use this feature to keep the recovery code in a secure place and print more than one copy of the recovery code.

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Have a good day,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator