Remote CONTROL issue

Options
NELT
NELT Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 31 in Mobile

Hi,

I have a random issue where I can't remote control some of my customers android tablets. The brand is Handheld and it seems to be random. The tablets run android 7 or 10. I set them all up the same and some of them let me screen view and control, and some only let me screen view.

The teamviewer settings are pretty basic so I'm assuming it's an android setting? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @NELT

Thank you for the clarification.

I did a little digging, and found this on Handheld's kbase, regarding specific add-ons needed to control their devices:

I would recommend following these steps, as some supported manufacturers also have separate requirements for their devices.

I hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• NELT
    Options

Hello?

• JoshP
    Options

Hello @NELT

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

Please know that remote control of Android devices is only possible for specific manufacturers. More information can be found here:

📄Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices

For manufacturers not found on the list, you may try the universal add-on; we cannot, however, guarantee remote control capability for those devices.

Should you have any other questions, or more information regarding your use case, feel free to reply back!

Josh P.

---

• NELT
    Options

Handheld is listed in the supported manufacturers and I've downloaded the universal add on.

Again, about half of the tablets have no issues and I can view screen and remote control. The other half I can only view screen and cannot remote control

• JoshP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @NELT

Thank you for the clarification.

I did a little digging, and found this on Handheld's kbase, regarding specific add-ons needed to control their devices:

I would recommend following these steps, as some supported manufacturers also have separate requirements for their devices.

I hope this helps!

Josh P.

---

• NELT
    Options

Oh my gosh thank you!!! Such a simple thing but I just tested it and it worked!