desperate for remote control of iphone 15

Options
Lovesgirl
Lovesgirl Posts: 1
edited February 15 in Mobile

Hi, I have used teamviewer before for business things. My dad is 83 and has iphone for years. Now the iphone 15. I am an iphone user, Mac/apple person and use a Mac where I work at home and am tech savvy. But to go to my dad's house to "fix" something on his phone . . . like change something in settings, fix an app that is not letting him login like usual, etc. it takes about 3 hours out of my day because he lives in another city. So I end up making a long list of things to fix and go up there and have to spend the whole time doing IT instead of visiting.

He is fine with me having control or anything with his phone, email, etc. and I have his POA. Is there a team viewer app or software that will let me control his iphone remotely from either my iphone or my desktop mac? Like to be able to open his settings, log into an app, etc. while he can watch how I am doing it? If this isn't a "thing" yet, it sure needs to be for the elder community. Lots of the assisted living/nursing homes no longer have land lines in their rooms. I can log into his email account and his facebook to ward off scammers, etc. but the cellphone carrier has no way for me to monitor his phone calls or text messages unless I have his phone in my hands. Just to be able to fix some of these settings and things remotely would be a God Send!!

Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Lovesgirl,

Thank you for sharing your experience in the Community. We are also thrilled to hear that you are supporting your dad.

Regarding remote connections to iOS devices, please know that due to Apple's restrictions, currently, only screen-sharing is possible. Therefore, we kindly ask you to try using screen sharing and see if this would be helpful in your case.

If you would like to know more about this topic, please check the following article: Share the screen on your iPad/iPhone

Please be assured that you will be informed via our Community if the remote control will be possible for iOS devices.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited February 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Lovesgirl,

Thank you for sharing your experience in the Community. We are also thrilled to hear that you are supporting your dad.

Regarding remote connections to iOS devices, please know that due to Apple's restrictions, currently, only screen-sharing is possible. Therefore, we kindly ask you to try using screen sharing and see if this would be helpful in your case.

If you would like to know more about this topic, please check the following article: Share the screen on your iPad/iPhone

Please be assured that you will be informed via our Community if the remote control will be possible for iOS devices.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター