Has teamviewer cynically deided to tell all people to pay a commercial account to continue using it

Options
Gary_Big_G
Gary_Big_G Posts: 1 Newbie
edited April 1 in General questions

Has teamviewer cynically deided to tell non cemmercial users to pay for a commercial account to continue using it? I am unemployed (so difficult to use it for 'commercial')and while connecting to my wifes computer on my home network team view discconects then states I must buy a commercial license. Why is this? I will have to follow up with webbrowser companies as it is dishonest to advertise Teamviewer as being free for home use then force people to pay and Teamview blocks issues from being reported to themselves by non commercial accounts. Any other suggestions?

Answers

• NicMarc
    NicMarc Posts: 1
    Options

I have same problem with two Pc's at home, one of these is in the living room, attached at a TV set like monitor, without Keyboard and mouse, I use it as audio/video concentrator. So, I use my wife's iMac, in another room, to connect on it via Teamviewer.
    Starting few days ago I received a message suggesting to purchase a commercial license, because a professional use was detected…….!!!?? So I get continue disconnection after five minutes I start a new session.
    I ran in the same situation some years ago, but, at that time, I had the opportunity to directly contact the Teamviewer support via mail and explain the situation. So they unlocked my free license allowing me to continue my personal use.
    Unfortunately I understand this communication channel no longer exists, because I don't find any mail address which write to and ask to unlock my license again.
    What I suppose is that my problem depends on the fact that I formatted my wife's iMac and reinitialized it!!!? Now I'm losto and I don't know how to continue to use my Pc's by a remote connection. 🤦