Declaration of Private Use Form

Options
BobT123
BobT123 Posts: 9 ✭✭

I received an email that I need to fill out the "declaration of private use" form, but the link in the email goes to https://mailings.teamviewer.com/…

mailings.teamviewer.com has no DNS:

https://www.nslookup.io/domains/mailings.teamviewer.com/dns-records/

A records

No A records found.

AAAA records

No AAAA records found.

CNAME record

No CNAME record found.

TXT records

No TXT records found.

NS records

No NS records found.

Best Answer

Answers

• tmvk
    tmvk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem here.

• stephenb
    stephenb Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2
    Options

I have the same problem - where's the form?

My main reason for using TeamViewer is that I wanted to access a tablet computer that runs Windows 11 Home instead of Pro. The mechanism I had been using doesn't work with Windows Home but TV does.

It turns out that **Third Party Product** will work too, so I might switch to that, although I prefer TV for minor reasons.

• BobT123
    Options

When can we receive a response, TeamViewer?

• BobT123
    Options

@JenW can you help?

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 976 Moderator
    edited April 3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BobT123, @tmvk & @stephenb,

Thank you for bringing the issue with the link to our attention!

We have forwarded this feedback and it is currently being investigated.

Please access the additional form here: https://static.teamviewer.com/resources/2019/03/Form_TeamViewer-Personal-Use-Declaration.pdf

You can send it as a reply to the initial email you received. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• BobT123
    Options

Thanks @JenW . The reason I (and I assume “we”) even got the email with the wrong link is because we already filled out the online form, which returned a “this can’t be automatically confirmed, please fill out this paper form” which came with a bad link.

Could you please share the proper link to the manual attestation form? Otherwise I’ll just go around in circles again…

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 976 Moderator
    Options

Hi @BobT123,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have updated my initial reply above and shared the current link to the form.

You can now fill it out and attach it when replying to the email you received.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• Rabbie
    Rabbie Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited April 3
    Options

I got an e-mail from Teamviewer saying that they couldn't find any evidence that I was using remote control to help my elderly parents who are in their 80s living in South Carolina with their PC and laptop and I in Maryland. I also help my friends: one in his late 70s up in Massachusetts and my best friend in Indiana who needs my help with interpreting texts into American Sign Language and occasionally help with filling out the necessary forms and setting up new applications.

They asked me to fill out the paperwork and sign it to be e-mailed to them. Yet, the link is not working at all. I am still waiting for them to reply. The PDF used to be popped out after we filled out the standard form and asked us to sign it and sent to them. This was back in December 2023. I am mystified why they asked me again after I got timed out on few times this month.

I am starting to think Teamviewer wants us to start paying them?

I would appreciate any help with this PDF or paperwork that needed to be sent in? Thank you for your help in advance.

• bschnapper
    bschnapper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 10
    Options

I have a free account. It was flagged as commercial use. I followed the process to get reinstated and received an email from TeamViewer Personal Use <personaluse@teamviewer.com>

The email has a link to a "declaration of private use form." I am instructed to complete the form and "we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer."

The link is a dead end. I get the following when I click the link.

I replied to the email, but not surprisingly, no response from TeamViewer. I have tried phone calls and chat. Nothing doing. Is there any way to get some attention? I would like to return to using this tool. I just can't figure out what else to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• nhumctech
    nhumctech Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 12
    Options

See JenW's comment above that has a link to a form that actually works.

I sent this form into TeamViewer earlier this week. I have not heard back from them.

I'm going to start to look into **Third Party Product** as an alternative to TeamViewer.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• BobT123
    Options

I have not heard back either. Very frustrating!

• nhumctech
    nhumctech Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 12
    Options

Wow, comment capability removed the name/ URL an alternative to TV when I tried to post the name and the link.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• bschnapper
    Options

I sent mine 48 hours ago. No reply yet either. Not even an auto response to know that it was received. I realize that it's a free license, but support could be much better. Very frustrating.

• BobT123
    Options

I sent mine in 9 days ago and no reply...

• Richard63
    Richard63 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

When trying to help my daughter, my license got disabled, probably due to suspected commercial use.

However it never is used commercially.

Now I do have maild Teamviewer about this, and the first time I got an answer, second time with my account mail I did not.

They told me that I had to fill in a form, sign it, and then send it back to them.

However, the link to the form in the mail did not work and did not get me to a form to fill in to re-activate my free license again.

I don't know why I didn't get an answer anymore, maybe TV support is too busy.

But maybe somebody can tell me the correct location of the form, so I can fill it in, sign it and send it back to Teamviewer.

Thank you.

• bschnapper
    Options

I sent my completed "Declaration of Private Use Form" to personaluse@teamviewer.com which is the address the request came from by replying as directed. I did this 4/10/2024. I still have no reply at all. How do I find out if it's been received and approved??

• Richard63
    Richard63 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Maybe they don't have much time or are busy.

I send my "Declaration of Private Use Form" signed as attachment as reply to my ticket id, so same message as I received the e-mail from at April 19 2024. So that is 9 days ago at the moment. So maybe they need more time.

So for the time being I'm using a free alternative. It's just that TeamViewer is slightly better and easier to work with imho. Hopefully they will answer soon.